Business Development Representative for Customer Acquisition
Gustav Technologies Inc
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
In short: Full-time position for Gustav's first Business Development Representative for Customer Acquisition, fully remote.
- We build software that helps businesses to find & hire available temporary talent represented by the best staffing agencies in the world.
- Hundreds of staffing agencies already use Gustav and we are growing every day. We are aiming to build a world-class sales department helping us to scale our customer base to thousands of companies.
- We have raised $4M+ so far and are backed by the world's best venture capital firms and business angels including Y Combinator, Beenext, Speedinvest, Youtube co-founder Jawed Karim and many others who are supporting us in our vision to create the worlds largest recruitment marketplace for contract talent.
- We are a fully remote company with employees located in US and Europe.
As our Biz Dev Rep for Customer Acquisition, you will play a critical role in establishing the basis for Gustav's sales department. Over the next years, you'll be developing processes, best practices and strategies that will be our bases for building the most amazing sales team out there. We'd love nothing more than to have you get promoted and train your replacement.
- Work with the founder and CEO on a daily basis to help grow our customer base.
- Find accurate contact information for leads (staffing agencies in the US) and qualify them leveraging various sales and lead generation tools.
- Reach out to new prospects daily.
- Nurture and follow up with prospects on a daily basis that are not yet ready to purchase with relevant information and drip campaigns using tools like Hubspot.
- Develop customer prospects through cold calls, emails and LinkedIn outreach.
- Schedule demos.
- Ensure successful follow-through of sales cycles by maintaining accurate information in CRM Hubspot.
- Be our CRM expert and keep our data clean and structured.
- Report your weekly outcomes of leads developed, new leads added, and any field sales intelligence; keep records and generate reports on all phases of activities ready for CEO to review at any time.
- Join demo meetings and learn how to run Gustav demos and webinars.
- Document your process in detail using Notion to be able to train your next hire.
→ Even if not all of the below applies to you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Cold outreach? You're a pro! You never give up!
- Cold calls? You're not afraid!
- Joining a small startup and taking on responsibility? You are excited and eager to roll up your sleeves and hustle with the founders!
- Hands-on experience in the US staffing industry working either for a staffing firm, a software supplier to the staffing industry (example: Bullhorn) company or job board (example: Dice, Careerbuilder) is preferred.
- Inbound or outbound sales development experience is preferred.
- You have experience or would enjoy working in a smaller company environment, ideally with experience reporting into a founding CEO.
- You're process-oriented and excited about solving problems, finding creative solutions, and helping improve business processes as we grow.
- You have experience working in fully remote teams and possess the ability to manage your time wisely.
- You have high attention to detail! with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You don't use the term “That doesn't work”.
- You have familiarity with tools such as Hubspot, Outreach.io, Slack, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Loom, Notion, Excel, and G Suite and are eager to learn new tools.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives.
- Located in a US timezone (CST, MST, EST).
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love that everybody loves differently. And will make your life as easy as possible. No matter your cultural or religious needs.
- We will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we'd love to listen. If not, that's cool!
- We don't look for traditionally successful CVs. To build a special environment, we don't rely on typical measures of judging.
Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. For this role, you would ideally be located in a US timezone (CST, MST, EST) as it requires live customer interaction. 99% of our customers are currently based in the US.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members.
Fitness Allowance: We will pay for your gym membership, yoga studio membership, or whatever activity you do to stay healthy.
Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
⛺ Minimum vacation: At least 15 days. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
✈ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
Make a big difference and grow with us: Work directly with company founders in a small and flexible team.
Throughout this process, you'll have both asynchronous and real-time conversations with us utilizing tools that we use every day such as:
Conversations via Zoom - meet the team for each stage "in person" on video calls.
Access to a private Slack channel - chat directly with the founders to ask any questions you may have after having passed the 1st interview round.
Access to Google Drive doc - write responses to additional interview questions.
Here's a breakdown of our 4-step interview process:
1. Get to know each other: Meet the Co-founder/CEO. You'll spend some time chatting with Jan over Zoom to learn more about the company and the opportunity. (~30 minutes)
2. Skill assessment: You'll complete a brief exercise to help us learn more about your skills, strategic thinking and technical expertise. (~1 hour)
3. Interview: Deep dive conversation into the role. Discussion of skill assessment. (~1.5 hour)
4. Meet the team: You'll get to meet the founders (Daniel & Benjamin) as well as other team members. We value team fit over everything else. (~1 hour)
5. Hiring decision/offer: We are mindful of your time. Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all and we are both happy you will receive a formal offer.
6. Final conversation (we would like to hire you): Jan and you are going to chat about any concerns you might have, on-boarding as well as any other details to get you started. (~1 hour)
We are lucky to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈