Business Development Representative (BDR)
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Americas Only
Arch Systems is seeking an ambitious and rising individual to start as a Business Development Representative (BDR) working with sales and marketing to generate new leads and help drive Arch's rapid growth.
This BDR role will focus on the surface mount technology (SMT) space working to reach Tier 1 and Tier 2 EMS providers as well as OEMs that have their own manufacturing facilities to general qualified leads for ArchFX phase 1 pilots engagements.
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company installed in 5 of the 10 largest electronics manufacturers, extracting data from machines, new or legacy, to drive real time and predictive analytics.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making the Earth more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team.
Compensation will be determined for a BDR at a Series A stage technology startup based on experience and location. We benchmark our compensation against high cost of living/market rates and use a compensation formula that includes a location factor to determine total target compensation as it compares to a high cost of living/market area. At Arch, sales team overall target earnings (OTE) is comprised of 50% base salary and 50% quota attainment.
Employees in the US can expect generous benefits for themselves and their dependents as well as equity in the company.
Applicants outside the US will be considered to become employees of one of our trusted partners and will receive benefits through them as well as NQSOs from Arch Systems
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, this position will work to contact customers largely based in US time zones so must be available and working during those hours. While the majority of our team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area near our Palo Alto HQ, we have team members in over 5 countries across various time zones. US applicants must be authorized to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
WHAT YOU WILL OWN AND DRIVE:
- Drive sales qualified leads (SQLs) to the sales team resulting in closed phase 1 pilot engagements
- Lead both simple and strategic outbound campaigns to reach our target audience through multiple channels to drive SQLs
- Work with marketing and external lead gen partners to increase the throughput of MQLs to Arch and ensure their conversion to SQLs
- Utilize technology to measure your outbound approaches and our MQL conversion, run A/B tests, and help develop a hardened sales lead generation strategy that can be used by a growing team to scale lead generation at Arch
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming electronics and discrete manufacturing by getting great technology into the right companies and leaders hands.
- Highly motivated and experienced team with the relevant domain expertise and network to support the sales process
- Ability to execute your work selling cutting edge technology to large enterprise including Fortune 500 customers as well as mid-market companies
- Learning & Development budget to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in a broad complementary set of capabilities.
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- Potential to travel to annual Arch Summit, when it is safe to gather again in-person
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 1-2+ years of demonstrated excellence in sales or business development, ideally in a high growth SaaS or IoT environment
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent listener, able to move and motivate people to action
- Competence with and passion for modern technology, savvy in talking about and navigating technology to give outstanding demos and spark inspiration and excitement in customers
- Highly competent working independently and with a team, can take individual ownership of initiatives and deliver results, while also able to be a team player, split up duties and collaborate to greater ends.
- History of excellence in whatever projects or teams you worked with
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- Prior experience working in sales to electronics manufacturers and/or in sales of IoT and advanced analytics products
- Prior experience with sales enablement tools, lead generation databases, outbound campaign tools, CRM
- Passion both for digitizing manufacturing and for building more connected, intelligent, and sustainable industry
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Americas Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈