Business Development Representative
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Are you a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual who thrives at building meaningful relationships? Ready to engage with large, strategic prospective customers and launch a career in enterprise-sales? If so, keep reading. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Covalent, you will interface with the leaders of cutting-edge aerospace, defense, and automotive manufacturing companies, creating long-term partnerships with these Fortune 500 organizations.
Covalent is using technology to reinvent how skilled workers are trained and how organizations adapt their workforces to meet the demands of the future. The right candidate is passionate about being part of this effort. You are organized and analytical, able to manage fast-paced projects and multiple responsibilities at once. You are empathetic, always seeking to learn from those you are speaking to. And above all, you are extremely determined, always willing to run through roadblocks and put in the extra work to find a solution. In this position, you will have the opportunity to grow into a well rounded startup sales-person under the guidance of the leadership team. This role is a great way to jumpstart a career in SaaS, sales, and start-ups.
The BDR position is fully remote. Responsibilities include:
- Prospecting for new leads at target accounts using tools available and research
- Writing, building and initiating persona-based outbound campaigns for target account leads
- Testing new marketing and sales channels, using data to guide decision-making
- Implementing target account plan outbound efforts
- Connecting with new potential target customers through outbound activities (40-60 activities per day over phone & email)
- Educating new potential target customers on Covalent’s solution, while identifying their needs and qualifying their interest
- 1+ years working with B2B customers and technology
- Previous metrics-driven, outbound sales experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills
- Strong track-record of success and overcoming obstacles
- Ability to take feedback, adapt, and learn quickly
- SaaS experience is a plus
- Experience working in industrial or quality controlled environments a plus
Why join us?
Our team is passionate about helping people gain in-demand skills that drive economic independence. To do so, we provide purpose-built software for technical training and workforce analytics in industrial environments. Our platform facilitates on-the-job learning and evaluations, validating proficiency for skilled workers. In joining us, you will be a part of that effort. We are early, scrappy, and will do what it takes to make our vision a reality. We’re backed by top-tier VC’s who share this mission with us.
- Becoming an early contributor to a growing sales organization in a high-growth startup
- Mentorship from an expert enterprise sales director
- Working with company leadership and a highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Competitive base salary, variable compensation & benefits
- Remote work initiatives
- Home office stipend
- L&D program
- Monthly team-building activities (virtual)
- Monthly expert “TED-talks”
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈