Business Development Manager - Solar
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Who we are:
ICAST (International Center for Appropriate & Sustainable Technology) is a national non‐profit organization working to address affordable housing issues by installing clean energy solutions in multifamily housing. ICAST is the premier global multifamily specialist leading in action, results, and education. Our projects foster economic viability, environmental stewardship, and social responsibility in under‐served communities. We value educating people on sustainability in a way that motivates them to act. To date, we have served more than 30,000 multifamily households in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Missouri. We have begun expanding to Washington, D.C., Arizona, and California. Our vision is to scale nationally. We have got an exciting year ahead of us, and we hope you'll consider joining our team and leaving your mark on the world.
Who you are:
A high energy sales professional who values the sales hustle and appreciates developing relationships to work smarter. You have a track record of success and a determination to succeed! Interpersonal and verbal communications skills are your strengths and being committed to sustainability and affordable housing is of interest to you.
This position might be a fit if you:
- You like developing and or leveraging your existing relationships within the multifamily industry to sell solar, storage and energy management solutions to multifamily housing owners.
- You are the kind of person who is a self-starter that can work both collaboratively and independently from a remote work from home environment.
- Lastly, but equally important, you are passionate about ICAST's mission of providing environmentally sound solutions for the benefit of the low-to-moderate income tenants living in MF properties.
Reports to: Dir. of Sales
Skill Area: Solar Sales and Solar Project Development
Areas of Expertise: Sales, Solar Financing, Solar Design
- Networking with professionals involved with or connected to the multifamily housing industry
- Conducting site assessments at MF properties
- Closing contracts with new and existing customers
- Updating Salesforce to record activity
- Reporting on: pipeline, conversion rates, weekly, and monthly performance metrics
Must Have Qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years of Solar PV sales, ideally with the multifamily markets.
- Expertise in entire solar sales process from sizing a system for customer to financing it with equity and debt and answering technical and financing questions for clients.
- Energy storage and energy management system sales experience
- Knowledge of utility solar and battery rebate incentive programs along with federal & local tax credits.
- 5 years’ experience in B2B sales
- Network of MF clients
- Company Health Insurance plan for the employee at no cost! (charges will be added for spouse and family coverage)
- Available Vision and Dental Insurance and Life Insurance coverage
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan available on day 1
- Up to $400 in annual gym/fitness membership reimbursement through our healthcare program!
- Annual Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
Compensation: Base is $75k, base plus commission and bonus can be over $120,000, based on performance
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈