Business Development Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Location: Washington, DC or remote
Grow Progress helps some of the largest progressive campaigns and consultants change the minds of more voters.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s pioneering a new approach to persuasion: giving our customers the power to persuade more people based on how they think — not just how they look.
If you want to make a big social impact and grow your skill set by spreading a new approach to persuasion, we hope you’ll apply.
- We’ve built a powerful SaaS platform for message testing that offers campaigns unprecedented access to run randomized controlled trials across a wider variety of messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
- Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
- We’re a team of experienced campaigners and data scientists who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective. We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
- Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We encourage everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise.
- Our team prides itself for its ability to be nimble with its process, and never fails to lighten the mood with a seriously terrible joke.
- You will be part of a team that works hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful.
- We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using the technology we build ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
- You will work on challenging technical problems with the goal of building lean and innovative solutions.
Customer demand for our message testing is quickly growing. You’ll be responsible for maximizing platform sales and the development of strong partnerships with new political and advocacy customers. This position is our first dedicated sales role at Grow Progress and you will work closely with the CEO and COO as a key stakeholder in the development of a sales philosophy and execution of a sales strategy. You’ll be prospecting and developing new customer relationships while building out the strategic and tactical infrastructure required for our company and your team to grow.
As part of our team, you will:
- Partner with our executive team to develop the sales program for a growing company
- Identify, prioritize, and prospect new political, marketing agency, and advocacy customers
- Understand customer use-cases, demonstrate our product, evangelize our vision, and close deals to meet ambitious targets
- Support and collaborate on a smooth customer onboarding journey
- Establish, track, analyze, and scrutinize data and key metrics from our sales efforts to inform planning and strategy
- Build and update the sales materials required to successfully sell our products
- Understand and advocate for the product needs of prospective customers
- Navigate ambiguity to solve problems and support ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Build institutional knowledge by documenting best practices, pit falls, etc.
- 3+ years of sales experience in a SaaS or startup setting
- A track record of exceeding ambitious sales goals
- A network that demonstrates successful relational sales
- Progressive values and experience working in politics with campaigns or advocacy organizations
- Ability to communicate data science concepts clearly to non-technical audiences
- Proactive leadership to determine what we need and making it happen
- Expertise and enthusiasm for CRM software using strong analytical skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Intellectually curious in your approach to learning and communicating
- Naturally resourceful and derive joy from figuring things out
- Attentive to detail
- Experience selling or an existing network in the politics and advocacy sector or in consumer research
- Knowledge of best practices in political science or psychology
- Familiarity with online survey platforms and market research tools
- Enthusiasm for a startup environment
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of any race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $80k total comp at plan on $65k base, plus equity. Benefits include health insurance reimbursements, five weeks of paid time off, an HSA, and a 401(k) among others.
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈