Business Development Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Yoto is an interactive audio platform founded by experienced entrepreneurs that aims to change the way children access audio content. The Yoto ecosystem revolves around a curated library of stories, music, activities, sound effects, podcasts and radio. Children listen to the content on Yoto Player, a Wi-Fi connected speaker that is controlled using physical cards incorporating NFC technology. Additionally, the Yoto App allows parents to retain a level of control and remote access.
We launched our first hardware product, Yoto Player, on Kickstarter in November 2017 and shipped, on time for Christmas 2018 to a great customer reaction. Our content partners include multiple premium partners including Roald Dahl Story Company, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan and many more. Luke Kelly, grandson of Roald Dahl and MD of the Roald Dahl Story Company, is on our board. We are well financed company with highly active and supportive investors.
At the start of 2020 we relaunched Yoto Player. Since then, and despite certain major world events, sales have been doubling (and sometimes tripling) MOM. We've launched UK and US websites, won multiple awards including TIME's Best Invention 2020, had a tonne of good press and reviews across the world.
The Yoto Team
We're a small, creative, tech-savvy team with a passion for technology, education, music, audiobooks and podcasts and are bringing that experience and passion to the world of audio entertainment and learning for children. As a team, we want to make our products and our service truly delight our customers.
We are based in London with a small office between Kings Cross and St. Pancras, but due to COVID-19 are currently 100% remote working. In normal times flexible working hours and/or remote working are standard. Many of the team are parents and we truly understand that life and work need to work together.
We are looking for a full time Business Development Manager to join our expanding commercial team. Having built a solid foundation for the business in 2020, we are looking to add resource to the team that will add-value by helping us to expand into new and existing markets. As we are growing fast, it is crucial that we have the resource in place to support new opportunities – both proactive and reactive. The successful applicant will play a key role in opening new customer accounts, sales channels, and territories.
As we are a young company, the role will evolve as we grow. We will need someone that is comfortable with new challenges and capable to work concurrently with different types of customers and channels. We envisage this role opening new opportunities until the point they can be handed over to account management as we expand the team. COVID-19 aside, we would expect in due course that this role will incorporate international travel on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Pro-active approach to searching and identifying new business opportunities
- Identifying and following-up new business opportunities suitable to growing the brand
- Planning and preparing for customer pitches and presentations
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients
- Co-ordinating with the marketing team on assets and collateral required to best serve channel/market needs
- Reporting and analysing data – providing insights to the management team
- Maintaining relationships with staff across all department areas
- Building solid relationships with new partners whilst maintaining and servicing existing relationships
- Develop a knowledgeable about products and services offered by the business
- Being aware of – and adapting too - market trends and competitors
- Complying with regulations and laws of business development in new channels and/or territories
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and partners to grow
- Work effectively while remote to the office, as well as potential office-based work/visits
- Degree education preferred but not essential
- Ideally, but not a pre-requisite, a background in a related product market (Toys/Books/Ed. Tech/CE)
- Proven history of successful business development with a brand
- Experience in working with international trade, distribution partners and agencies
- A solid understanding of cross border shipping and tax requirements
- Be comfortable working remotely using a variety of cloud-based software solutions
- Profound in the use of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Intermediate knowledge of a CRM programme (Hubspot, Salesforce or other)
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent attention and orientation toward meticulous work
- Track record of data analysis, customer forecasting and presenting general commercial proposals internally and externally
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Flexibility to work outside ‘core' business hours which may also include business travel
- A friendly, outgoing, personable with a hands-on mentality, willing to roll your sleeves up, and deliver to agreed targets
- Competitive salary
- EMI share options (discretionary)
- Flexible working
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈