Business Development Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why:
- It's working. We're now in six states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We're backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google's “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It's outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we're on.
About this role
Openly is looking for a Business Development Manager who is responsible for profitable growth within their assigned geographical region(s). This includes growing the number of agencies that have the Openly product to sell by establishing strong partnerships and relationships; partnering with senior leadership to create critical marketing strategies; deploying these campaigns to increase growth; developing and leading agency lead generation initiatives; and maintaining account retention. Opportunities to join a team like this don't come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team!
- Proven track record of outstanding sales performance with the ability to drive results and innovate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience developing sales and/or marketing strategic plans combined with a track record of executing these plans.
- Strong organizational, negotiation, and value-based selling skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication with the ability to engage large audiences during in-person and remote presentations
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of unstructured data
- Experience in creating financial sales forecasts using imperfect data
- Customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Solid insurance product knowledge with the ability to articulate the contract differences between an H3 and H5 policy
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM. Basic experience with APIs and coding language is preferred.
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contributions, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipends
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity, expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈