Business Development Manager
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
INOVUES, an award-winning window technology company focused on building upgrades and energy efficiency retrofits, is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager to join the team and handle all business development efforts, including sales and marketing. This position will be based in the New York City Metropolitan Area, but a highly qualified remote applicant may be acceptable.
As a startup company working on bringing a new technology to market, you will assist in developing our go-to-market strategy, conduct market research, and play a key role in managing and executing INOVUES' commercialization plan. As an early team member, you will take a leadership role in shaping the sales process and developing a sales pipeline for INOVUES. You will assist in creating and executing sales strategies, deliver insights into the health of the business, and proactively identify, develop, and drive initiatives. You will also assist in developing sales collateral, manage email marketing efforts, and enhance knowledge base materials.
The focus, in the beginning, will be on identifying and attracting prospective customers and strategic partners, communicating the value proposition to the different stakeholders in our targeted markets, and getting early adopters committed and engaged. You will be targeting primarily commercial building owners/operators and property/facility managers. You will also communicate with other stakeholders that are involved in building renovations and energy efficiency retrofits—e.g., energy service companies (ESCOs); performance contractors; specialty glazing contractors; façade/window fabricators; energy, renovation, and building envelope consultants; architects; engineers; and general contractors. You will manage customer accounts for the company and build relationships with key personnel and strategic partners. In this role, you will work directly with the Founder/CEO and collaborate with the business development advisors/consultants and independent representatives.
We are looking for a dynamic hands-on leader, team-player, and an entrepreneur at heart who is passionate about the built environment, sustainability, and innovation, and eager to make an impact as part of a small, mission-driven team on a journey to change the future of existing buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to what was mentioned above, your duties and responsibilities, as the Business Development Manager, will revolve around the company's overall business development goals, but you will be the one determining what needs to be done to successfully achieve those goals on time. As Steve Jobs once said, “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.”
What We Are Looking for (the Ideal Candidate):
- 3 to 5+ years of proven work experience in a business development role in the commercial building products and/or glazing industries.
- Understanding of building systems is preferred—high-rise building envelope systems is a plus.
- Experience in selling directly to commercial building owners/operators and property/facility managers is preferred.
- Experience in selling window retrofit products and/or energy-efficiency retrofit solutions to commercial buildings is a plus.
- A successful B2B, consultative sales record is preferred.
- Experience developing a pipeline that ultimately resulted in sales for a similar company is preferred.
- Comfortable and successful with cold-calling and consistently mining for client contacts.
- A strong closer with experience in negotiating and meeting client's requirements is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, communication (written/verbal), and relationship building skills.
- Hands-on experience with CRM software (e.g., HubSpot) and MS Office.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- The ability to follow a schedule and meet deadlines.
- The ability to remain flexible and agile in a constantly evolving/changing environment.
- Experience working with a startup is a plus.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Drives for results and acts like a business owner.
- Highly accountable and maintains a strong work ethic—always acts with integrity, keeps commitments, and practices transparency.
- Thinks boldly and out of the box, leads with courage, and demands the highest standards.
- Ability to travel for business as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
Perks and Benefits:
- One of the early team members—a unique opportunity to grow and shape the future of the company.
- Competitive compensation package, including salary, uncapped commission, and stock options.
- Short- and long-term cash and/or equity incentives.
- The flexibility that comes with an early-stage company (remote work and flexible schedule).
- Paid time off and flexible vacation policy.
- Medical and dental insurance.
Founded in 2017 in Houston, TX, INOVUES is an award-winning window technology company that is focused on building upgrades and energy efficiency retrofits. We have developed a non-intrusive glazing retrofit system, Glazing Shield™, that enables the windows and glass facades of existing buildings to be upgraded without removing, replacing, drilling, or altering any existing components. Our patented and tested technology can increase window insulation by up to 10 times and reduce energy consumption by up to 40%. We offer building owners a cost-effective and non-disruptive solution to upgrade the windows and curtain-walls, whether to bring them up to energy code levels and comply with building efficiency laws or to incorporate the latest energy-efficient and smart glass/glazing technologies and benefit from advanced features like vacuum insulation, energy harvesting, and dynamic tinting heat gain control.
The majority of buildings in the US today were built more than 20 years ago with thermally inefficient windows responsible for up to 40% of building energy loss. Replacing them is often not a feasible option due to the associated high costs, building disruption, and long payback. Our mission is to make it economically feasible for building owners to upgrade the windows—without replacement—so they can bring their buildings up to the highest energy efficiency standards and performance expectations with minimal costs and without disruption to the building or occupants. Our goal is to help cities achieve their energy-efficiency and emissions-reduction targets by increasing and accelerating the rate of one of the most effective measures for improving the energy efficiency of existing buildings—the No. 1 end-users of energy in the US and many other countries.
We are backed by top investors, including Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest building products and materials companies. In 2019, INOVUES was named to Cleantech Group's 50-to-Watch List, which recognizes the top 50 early-stage companies globally that are delivering high-impact solutions that can change the future of sustainability, and was also awarded by Greentown Labs, Saint-Gobain NOVA, and Certain-Teed in the InNOVAte 2019 Challenge out of more than 110 companies from across the globe. In 2018, INOVUES won the Cleantech Open National Award and was selected by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) as a finalist in the 76West Clean Energy Competition out of 152 companies.
Inovues is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈