Business Development Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
UWorld is the worldwide leader in online practice question banks. Since 2003, millions of students have used UWorld's products to prepare for their high-stakes exams. At UWorld, we have a relentless focus on quality and we are rapidly expanding and innovating. We know that students facing difficult, high-stakes exams need great practice resources, so they can perform their best. Our experts are passionate about creating practice questions that match the style and difficulty level seen on the actual exams.
Our innovative team is rapidly expanding. UWorld is currently searching for a talented and competitive North East based Business Development Manager who will be responsible for growing new business opportunities in the UWorld College Readiness division. The Business Development Manager will grow the institutional B2B business through direct outreach. The ideal candidate will be an expert relationship manager securing institutional purchases at a variety of levels from states to districts to individual schools.
PLEASE NOTE: Although this is a remote role, we require our BDM to reside within the assigned North East territory. (NY, PA, CT)
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's degree in science, marketing, communications, business, or relevant field preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
- Must have at least five-ten years outside education sales experience
- Previous sales experience in educational sales required.
- Contacts and relationships at ISDs across Texas a serious plus.
- Management of sales staff experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 70% within defined geographic region
- Proven ability to convert prospects and achieve sales quotas
- Experience in qualifying opportunities, account development, and time management
- Comfortable speaking and presenting in front of large groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers
- Aptitude for problem solving and the ability to determine solutions for customers using a consultative sales approach
- Energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Outstanding organizational abilities with adaptive and collaborative mindset
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
JOB DUTIES: (Including but not limited to)
New Account Development
- Research potential sales opportunities within assigned region to target key contacts
- Source new sales opportunities through cold calling institutional prospects from new and existing leads
- Forecast sales, develop “out-of-the-box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline via multiple mediums (email, phone, trade show leads, and inbound website leads)
- Set up email campaigns to source additional leads and inquiry opportunities
- Perform webinar presentations and orientations to educate advisors and faculty on UWorld product and platform capabilities
- Work in coordination with sales and product development team to document market insight, product feedback, and customer takeaways
- Prioritize meetings with decision makers and conduct on-site presentations and sales demos
- Attend conferences and tradeshows
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail managing all respective sales activities (notes, follow-ups, emails, call logs)
- Meet monthly and quarterly goals set based on goals set for new sales revenue
- Hire and manage sales team staff needed to achieve goals
- Work with Technical Account Managers to provide support to new customers, and ensure year-over-year retention of institutional relationships
- Adapt with growing company
- Participate in team meetings and take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure making and planning activities.
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility by independently completing projects/assignments on time holding self and others accountable for meeting objectives and adhering to standards.
- Collaborate with direct reports to assure they have a personal/professional growth and development plan to enhance knowledge, competencies, and professional practice.
- Pursue opportunities for personal growth and development through meetings and educational prog
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience)
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
- On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈