Business Development Lead
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Fuel Made is a digital agency comprised of a specialized, remote team focused 100% on building the best ecommerce experiences on the web for our clients, on Shopify. We're engaged in interesting projects for recognized brands, rapidly growing ecommerce startups and lots of folks in between.
Leading out with high competence, exceptional client care, and measurable results is how we have delighted our clients, and grown our agency. Our results-focused approach has led to success, and opportunities we couldn't have imagined.
Today, our clients are successful, established merchants with specialized shops and complex needs. The opportunity to service these clients is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
We are seeking an experienced person to lead our business development efforts, and help us grow our company as we continue this tradition, leading our clients and our agency into the future.
- Holding sales conversations with prospects with a combination of consultative selling and solution architecting, and then nurturing them through closing.
- Generating interest in our services
This is a key position reporting directly to the CEO where your impact will substantial, and where the work you do will be interesting, meaningful and rewarding.
Note: this is a hands-on position engaging in business development, not managing a team.
- The pleasure and freedom of knowing that what you're selling will actually help the prospect you're talking to. They're going to have a great experience and love working with us. Our clients love us!
- We choose our clients carefully. You will not be encouraged to close every inquiry (in fact this will be actively discouraged).
- You will have a world class team backing up what you're selling. You can sell with confidence.
- We are narrow in our focus. You too will have the freedom to focus and get really good at what you do.
- We care a lot about work / life balance.
- We are fully remote - North America is your office.
- We work reasonable hours (no one is expected to work more than 40 hours per week)
- You'll be working with a skilled, friendly, upbeat team who work hard, do exceptionally good work, and delight clients every day. We are a tight-knit team who care a lot about doing world-class work together with zero drama, zero ego, and a high focus on doing great work.
- Experience, at a Shopify agency, listening to ecommerce merchant prospects, and then consultatively architecting and selling solutions to them that fit their business needs.
- A passion for, and knowledge of the ecommerce space
- Knowledge of the Shopify platform
- Experience consistently closing sales in the $50K+ range
- Ability and experience handling high-pressure situations with unusual calm, cheerfulness, and resourcefulness
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- A great phone / video call manner
- A strong interest in, and a great sense for design
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional at follow-through
- Exceptional at critical thinking and problem solving
- Qualifying inbound leads, and following up quickly with all
- Fielding inbound prospect inquiries, holding sales calls with them, and nurturing them through closing
- Managing a sales pipeline in our CRM
- Liaising after a sale with the team to ensure a smooth transition for the client to team
- Thinking of and executing creative ideas to improve our reputation, increase our visibility, and generate more sales leads
- Regularly digging deep into the industry to stay informed at an expert level so you can be a competent advisor to prospects
- Developing new techniques to creatively reach and appeal to decision makers within our target audience
- Working with our internal team to initiate and consistently execute marketing efforts to bring visibility of Fuel Made and our services to qualified prospects
- Lots of writing:
- Email exchanges with prospects and new clients (negotiating, asking strategic questions, answering questions, etc.).
- Writing proposals
- Writing marketing content (e.g. blog posts, social media engagement)
- Writing and polishing website content
- Reviewing and editing marketing content written by our team
- Building relationships with industry connections through providing value
- Tracking and measuring our efforts and finding ways to improve
- Proactively and regularly report success and KPIs to the CEO
Location: We are a fully remote company, but you must be in North America, and available to work west coast business hours every day.
- Vacation: All major holidays, plus three weeks paid vacation (which includes the week between Christmas and New Years).
- Remote work: North America is your office.
- Health (and disability) insurance (100% premium employee coverage)
- Yearly retreat: Each year we all gather as a team for a week somewhere fun to connect, learn, and have a lot of fun together.
- Compensation: comfortable base, with performance-based bonuses
Fuel Made embraces and values diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈