Business Development Intern
1 week ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
News Break is a smart local news platform, delivering high-impact local news to create safe, vibrant, and connected communities. At News Break, we are dedicated to connecting people with local information that matters the most to them.
Since its founding in 2015, News Break has grown to become the nation's largest intelligent local news platform. It is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android with 45M+ monthly active users.
News Break is a Series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about.
About the Role
We are looking for a few hardworking and passionate business development interns to support the New Break creator program. As a Business Development intern, you will work closely with your manager and the project team. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help our team to expand the creator program.
This is a remote and part-time position. Required 20hrs/week for 10-12 weeks.
- Identify, source and recruit high potential content creators in local space.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of creator growth strategies, and help with tasks that achieve strategic goals.
- Develop reports and presentations for internal and external purpose.
- Conduct research on a wide range of local content creators and help monitor and manage existing BD pipelines.
- Currently enrolled as a student, junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communication, Business, or similar.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; You will need to be able to collaborate & communicate effectively in a remote team through Slack, Zoom, email, phone.
- High-energy, driven, curious personality.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (Excel proficiency).
- Knowledge in the news and content creation space is a plus.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈