Business Development Associate
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students' basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a white-labeled mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, receive personalized financial management, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students need Edquity more than ever, and Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can support millions of students during this terrible crisis.
To help us grow to support hundreds of thousands of college students across the country, Edquity is seeking a Business Development Associate. This position is a foundational role responsible for helping expand Edquity's top-of-funnel sales initiatives while also supporting our marketing efforts. This role will work closely with the Business Development Manager to help identify high potential partnerships, manage early sales funnel activities, and recalibrate our sales processes as we build out the team.
- Identify high-potential higher education partners and develop and execute outbound strategies.
- Develop and lead outbound campaigns, conducted via email, from idea-generation through to qualified meetings.
- Launch and test new outbound lead generation channels and determine how best to scale them.
- Assist in recommending marketing strategies for the purpose of enhancing company partnerships.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance/efficacy.
- Partner with Sales leadership to strategize and optimize entire sales pipeline activity while working to improve lead conversion rates and build pipeline.
- Where relevant, support prospecting of leads adjacent to current market and testing of market expansion hypotheses.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve for people facing basic needs insecurities
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with a distributed team
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- A high level of empathy and willingness to be a great teammate
- A high level of attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to self-motivate in a high-growth start-up
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- Many others!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈