Business Analyst, Analytics
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the ThreatConnect Analytics Team. Cyber threats are ever present and constantly evolving, leaving major companies all over the world at risk. This is where ThreatConnect steps in. So if you’re interested in having a real impact on the security landscape of these companies by working on an intelligent innovative product, this might be the role for you.
Job descriptions are by nature, extremely specific. While it may seem like we’re looking for a very specific candidate, we encourage you to apply if: you have an insatiable passion for finding insights in data and love seeing those insights come to life for our users.
You are big on data. You’re the kind of person who sees data and can’t wait to crack open a spreadsheet to start poking and prodding. The thought of mining every row and column, testing every hypothesis, and finding the story within the data has you ready to jump in. For you, there’s nothing better than the feeling you get when you find the “breaking point” or the right visual to show off the trend you found.
You are a great communicator. You are comfortable speaking with stakeholders that have a variety of backgrounds: engineers, security analysts, and customers alike. The medium doesn’t matter, slide decks and written functional requirements are all just a way to make sure we’re able to find the signal in the noise the right way.
You are detail-oriented. You’re the kind of person who won’t just close a tab and say “that’s probably close enough.” You naturally try to optimize solutions to problems in your life. You prefer your requirements to read like a bulletproof set of rules to a game, rather than buzzword soup. You like thinking through the corner cases of a dataset to figure out where the landmines might be hidden before you step on them.
You are a tinkerer. As a person you love to build new skills and get excited about new subject matter. You relish the idea of applying your skills to other facets of your life outside of work. Learning is a constant for you, where any problem without an immediate solution is just an opportunity to grow and master something new.
You get restless when things get “stagnant.” We’re looking to do better than just getting more data; we want the right data. You want our output to be digestible and help make awesome decisions in a way that delights our users. When the game changes beneath your feet, you’re excited to start running in a new direction.
Things You Will Do
- Understand our product offering and how it maps to user needs to inform your relentless pursuit of data-driven solutions
- Analyze prospective data sources (via: SQL, spreadsheets, or even light scripting) to identify business logic needs and quantify business value where possible
- Translate business logic needs into functional requirements for our Analytics and Core Product Engineering teams in a thorough and timely fashion
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Analytics & Research to inform and implement the big picture vision for analytics in our products
- Work with other Product Managers to capture and implement identified analytics needs within their problem space
- Collaborate with Engineering teams and Data Scientists via agile methods to ensure that they can transform business rules into production-ready code
- Arm Product Marketing and Customer Success teams with an in-depth understanding of our latest and greatest creations
- Coordinate with our in-house Security Analyst Research team to identify and validate requirements that are deeply rooted in the subject matter
- You have 5+ years of experience writing technical functional requirements under your belt
- Experience manipulating data, including but not limited to SQL and Spreadsheet-based analyses
- Familiarity with performing some quantitative analysis. Not a data scientist, but someone who can keep up with one!
- Experience working remotely and in conjunction with remote teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive and people-oriented attitude
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates with cyber/information security backgrounds will be preferred
- Any experience with writing scripts for data manipulation and analysis, using languages such as Python
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈