1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Mid-Level Business Analyst, Fully Remote
Diverse Computing, Inc. is seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Business Analyst to join our team. This is an immediate opening, and it will be available to candidates seeking remote working opportunities. This Business Analyst will be responsible for leading and executing complex business analysis activities. The focus of this position is to work closely with our criminal justice clients to fully understand their business processes and translate information into clear system requirements for the project team. Please note that this is NOT a data analyst type of position. Rather, this role requires the ability to understand complex processes, demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and provide outstanding customer service. The Business Analyst is also responsible for interfacing with management to achieve project goals and objectives while supporting other members of the project team. We believe our project teams should be one step ahead, proactively asking questions and acting in the interest of the client as well as the company's success.
A little bit about Diverse Computing, Inc.
At Diverse Computing, we are passionate about our mission for delivering innovative IT solutions that improve the effectiveness and security of the public safety community. In other words, we create software that has a higher purpose than simply making a profit. That said, our company has been growing substantially over the past several years, even during this Covid-19 pandemic and recession.
Imagine working for a company where you get to take ownership of your projects. Imagine having the opportunity to play a pivotal role with software that is designed to improve the safety for the public and law enforcement personnel. Imagine being in a cooperative, team-oriented environment where everyone truly has each other's back. Imagine working for a company that is invested in your career development as well as your quality of life outside the office. At Diverse Computing, these aren’t just catch phrases… they are part of our everyday reality.
There are other aspects about Diverse Computing that make us an appealing place to work for. We are not a publicly-traded company, and as such, we are not beholden to the demands of shareholders or investors. We also are not a start-up company that could close shop if the next round of venture capital doesn't come through. We ARE a privately-held company with around 65 employees, and that smaller size allows us to be nimble and to make quick adjustments in a constantly-evolving technology field.
If all of this resonates with you, this job could be for you! Read on for more info.
As a Business Analyst you will:
- Lead meetings with customers and other project team members
- Coordinate with the project management team to achieve project goals and objectives
- Determine system requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, and workflow analysis
- Investigate and gather business requirements from project stakeholders that will be used by the development team to build solutions
- Assist the project management team in producing quality deliverables, including:
- Status reports
- Schedule updates
- Risk identification and mitigations strategies
- Requirements matrices
- Test plans/scripts
- Diagrams, BPMN, and web page mockups
- Perform quality assurance testing for Diverse Computing products
- Support and mentor less experienced business analysts to produce high-quality products and services
- Conduct system training activities in-person and in online settings
- Assist in the Agile/Scrum development process, including:
- Decomposing IT concepts into Scrum user stories with detailed acceptance criteria and mockups as necessary
- Assisting in managing and prioritizing product backlogs
- Participating in Agile sprints, performing testing to ensure acceptance criteria are met
- Host workshops and conduct training sessions
This job might be for you if you:
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Communication Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a similar degree program (related work experience may be substituted for educational requirement)
- Have a minimum of two (2) years professional experience in a business analyst, project manager, product manager, or other related IT roles
- Have a strong understanding of information technology, database, and software development concepts
- Have excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
- Are very analytical and have great problem solving skills
- Are passionate about providing great customer service
- Have personal interests that align with supporting criminal justice and law enforcement agencies
- Are able to engage stakeholders to listen, understand, and respond to their needs
- Have excellent time management skills
- Are very detail-oriented
- Are naturally organized and enjoy planning things out
- Have some experience with Linux/Unix, Windows, and data networks (this is desirable but not required)
- Have knowledge of the public safety or criminal justice industry (this is desirable but not required)
- Are knowledgeable with Agile / Scrum
- Can pass a rigorous background check
We ask a lot, but we give a lot in return:
- Competitive salary (this will be dependent on a candidate's level of experience)
- 100% coverage of monthly health care insurance premiums for yourself with 60% discounted options for family members
- 100% coverage of monthly dental and vision insurance premiums for yourself
- Matching retirement contributions up to 3%
- 15 days of PTO earned annually with 9 paid vacation days
- Flexible work schedule that includes possible telecommuting opportunities
- Reimbursement of any travel costs for business-related meetings
- An award-winning company culture that’s welcoming, fun, collaborative, and supportive
How to apply:
- Click on the link below to start the application process
- Provide an updated resume as either a PDF or MS Word document
- Include a cover letter
- Be prepared to provide contact information for three (3) professional references
- Keep an eye on your email and its spam folder since that will be our primary method of communication
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈