Associate General Counsel
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup cofounded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our goal is to help every parent feel confident. Our play products are designed by child development experts and distilled to their simplest, purest purpose: to be exactly what children need at each stage.Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents' Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are looking for an Associate General Counsel to support our company and teams on day-to-day legal matters. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Associate GC will be responsible for providing high quality legal and business judgment and drafting expertise on a variety of issues such as commercial contracts, employment, general corporate matters, and compliance. The Associate General Counsel will be the second in-house lawyer at Lovevery and will be involved in a wide range of projects as the company continues its exciting growth.
- Provide general corporate legal services and counsel, under the direction of the General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements, contracts, and policies.
- Manage non-disclosure agreements, employee confidential information agreements, and maintenance of confidential information protections across organization.
- Review and edit vendor agreements.
- Draft and negotiate licenses and other technology transfer agreements.
- Assist in managing patent and trademark prosecution by outside counsel.
- Assist in addressing employment law issues and/or questions.
- Negotiate and draft agreements with content creators.
- Work with the Lovevery Product Development team on compliance matters.
- Assist General Counsel on issues and matters as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a licensed attorney with a combination of Big Law and in-house counsel experience in contracting and general commercial matters.
- Law license in good standing in one of the 50 United States; no disciplinary history from any professional organization (e.g., state bar).
- JD from an accredited US law school. Candidates will need to provide both law school and undergraduate GPAs.
- Corporate and securities experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; a recent writing sample will be required.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Organized self-starter with an ability to follow guidance carefully but provide independent input where appropriate.
- This is a remote position. Occasional travel to Boise, ID and/or other locations may be required.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras (ex. Election day)
- Paid maternity or paternity leave
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Innovative, fast-paced and team-based culture
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈