Associate Director of Health Equity Metrics and Improvement
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Health Equity, the Associate Director of Health Equity Metrics and Improvement will be responsible for designing and implementing cross-divisional and federation-wide health equity projects with a particular focus on developing health equity metrics and other priority initiatives.
- In collaboration with members of the Clinical Quality Improvement team, develop guidance for affiliates around best practices for collecting, disaggregating and analyzing health outcomes data and tracking health equity metrics.
- Partner with the CQI team to provide technical assistance to affiliates in using race and ethnicity data to advance quality initiatives and prioritize interventions to improve health equity.
- Participate in the national office Data Equity Workgroup and contribute content and oversight of PHOI’s submissions to the data equity toolkit.
- Work with Accreditation to provide technical assistance to affiliates who pilot the quality of care DEI measure.
- Lead the identification, collection and tracking of health equity metrics for the future of abortion access initiative based on the overall goal of eliminating disparities and improving health outcomes for all abortion patients. Establish tools and processes to report progress on metrics.
- Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis through a racial equity lens in order to identify and track disparities, and make programmatic recommendations. Methods may include quantitative analysis to disaggregate data by race and ethnicity, as well as key informant interviews, focus groups, and literature reviews to support mixed methods solutions.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Health Equity, develop measures in health equity work plan that integrate the health equity definition and framework into concrete tools and steps for affiliates to advance health equity. Serve as an internal consultant and subject matter expert to affiliates and other stakeholders on incorporating a health equity lens into their respective work areas. This includes but is not limited to providing technical assistance, coaching, and training based on needs. Take the lead on integrating the health equity strategy and work plan within future of abortion access (FAB) programming including initiatives to ensure all FAB work is patient centered and informed.
- Build an engagement model that leverages multiple channels, including a quarterly health equity newsletter and building out of the health equity intranet site, to share key health equity insights across the federation, such as case studies, emerging trends, training opportunities, best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Support in the design, measurement and implementation of a health equity learning and action network for affiliates which includes creating curriculum, compiling lessons learned, coordinating webinars, and other needs.
- Manage vendors, consultants or outside contractors to assure work meets deadlines and quality standards Lead and/or support other components of the equity portfolio for the future of abortion access initative.
- Define and manage individual projects with input from the Senior Director of Public Health Outcomes Improvement.
- Collaborate and align with other PPFA departments on shared strategies to advance health equity with the ultimate goal of eliminating health disparities and improving health outcomes.
- Champion health equity metrics and methods for disaggregating health outcome data to measure success in improving inequitable health outcomes and patient experiences.
- Act as a knowledge resource and point person for affiliates for technical assistance and support related to operationalizing health equity. Lead affiliate-facing health equity steering committees and work groups.
- Strategically build partnerships and relationships with organizations focused on health equity and reproductive justice.
- Develop and deliver presentations at national conferences and other meetings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a field related to public health, social work, community development, planning, public administration, health policy or similar field, and at least 5-7 years of directly related experience in a healthcare organization, public health agency, community program or a related field providing program management. Minimum of 3 years directly designing and leading health equity initiatives within a healthcare setting is strongly desirable.
- A strong racial justice analysis and demonstrated understanding of health equity, reproductive justice, and the structural drivers of health that impact marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage high level projects or programs, which includes defining goals, objectives, and producing high quality deliverables while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation skills and demonstrated ability to facilitate transformative conversations around health and racial equity with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and visualize health data to identify key trends and themes.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to take abstract theoretical concepts and formulate them into digestible and actionable recommendations for various audiences.
- Experience engaging and interacting with high level and executive leadership.
- An understanding of complex organizational structures and ability to identify and navigate solutions in challenging situations.
- Experience and comfort navigating ambiguous situations when the solutions are not always clear.
- Ability to quickly determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently and those that require further, higher level attention.
- Insightful and creative thinker who is a team player willing to tackle challenges both big and small.
- Experience and ability to build strong, effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders to work effectively across multiple divisions internally, and soliciting feedback and input from significant stakeholder groups nationally.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈