VP Supply Chain & New Product Development
Front Of The Pack
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
We're looking for an exceptional operator who can help us scale our supply chain to meet the huge demand for our brand 🚀
👋 We're Front of the Pack
We're leading the revolution on pet health
In just 9 months since launching we've become one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer pet brands, amassing 30,000 customers who are in love with our brand and the transformational impact it has on their bestie's wellbeing.
It all begins with love
We believe that the love you share with your dog is one of the most positive forces on the planet. There's a new generation of pet owner parent who would do anything for their dog and understand that nutrition is the foundation of good health. But there's a problem - the outdated pet care industry is full of pseudoscience, ingredients you can't pronounce or trace and bland brands that pollute the environment with plastic packaging.
A new breed of nutrition
We’re a team of serial entrepreneurs, engineers, vets and dog lovers who believe that science-led products can play a starring role in the story of a healthier future for our furry friends. We're leading the pack on science, sustainability and shelter support:
- Proven: we only use ingredients that actually work
- Pure: our products are nasty-free, guaranteed
- Plastic-free: we're committed to being 100% plastic-free
- Tiny pawprint: our refill systems are designed to be kinder to the planet
- Raising awareness: every pet has a story, each life individual and important
- Saving lives: we've partnered with Best Friends to make the nation's shelters no-kill by 2025
And our beautiful, plastic-free packaging...
Who you are
Joining the team at this exciting, early and pivotal stage of our journey will require you to be someone who thrives on getting stuck into challenges by being curious, a fast learner who quickly adapts, a natural team player who is outcome focussed. Driven by being given the freedom to execute on delivering the business objectives.
The type of person you are and your values is just as important to us as your skills and experience as we are passionate about building an exceptional team of people who work well together.
What do those values look like?
- 🏀 Bounce Back Ability As a group of people that have all come from very fast moving and ambitious startups we have found that the key indicator for success, and crucially enjoyment, is folks that benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. They easily bounce back from inevitable setbacks and thrive on challenge. Is this you?
- 🚢 Ship, Shipmate, Self First comes the company, then your team, finally yourself. In that order. Is that how you think about things?
- 📈 11x Strive for the best, expect the same from your team mates and always go for gold. Is this how you think about things?
- 🤗 Be Kind Before you roll your eyes and think here is another 'motherhood and apple pie' value, one of our founders (our CEO!) founded Kindness.org to spread more kindness around the world. It really is a value for us. We are human, we have challenges, we are vulnerable and make mistakes. Be kind.
We have a lot of experience in turning values into real living actions within companies. If they resonate with you then join us at the foundational stage and help us turn these aspirational set of values into long lasting, recognisable attributes of Front Of The Pack.
Short Term (6-12 months)
It will be hands on.
You’ll have the chance to make a huge impact as the first operations team hire at Front Of The Pack. Your primary objective is to get the supply chain and logistics operation to a point where it can scale comfortably in-line with demand across the US and beyond. We are growing very, very fast and the global supply chain headwinds are strong. It will be fun, but challenging.
You will work closely with the leadership team, mostly with the co-founding team, to rapidly optimise processes, test ideas and roll out the ideas that are the most promising.
- Keep the wider FOTP team aware of timelines and expectations in physical product development progress and delivery
- Anticipate delays and bottlenecks and feed those expectations into project planning across the business by managing and fostering good relationships with all key stakeholders
- Work with leadership to advise and assist in the development of new products
- Help source suppliers and develop relationships with key industry figureheads in order to help in the development of new and innovative product ideas
- Confirm new suppliers with price, lead time, availability, and inventory projections
- Confirm new suppliers have a fully executed NDA's in place
- Manage expectations around lead times and produce development
- Problem solve to help in developing options for bringing innovative products to life. This might include finding new contract manufacturers that work with niche materials, sourcing testing labs that work with specific niche ingredients, sourcing niche products to enable innovative product development.
- Ensuring all our trademark licensing agreements (TMLA’s) are in place and up to date with suppliers
- Ensuring all relevant non-disclosure agreements (NDA's) are in place with suppliers
- Ensuring all invoices are paid on time to and are accurate to maintain relationships and good payment history with suppliers (we have a finance team to support)
- Managing supplier relationships to keep pricing, minimum order quantities (MOQ's) and availability information up to date
- Ensuring all regulatory information correctly matches up with stock (CoA’s, statements, data sheets) and label claims
- Ensuring our exclusivity agreement contracts are up to date and maintained
- In time, identify and build relationships with new suppliers to scope out new materials / bioactives and feed that information into product development plans
- Accurate forecasting of all ingredient, packaging and fulfilment materials
- Accurate placing of PO's whilst ensuring seamless documentation and communication of up and coming costs to finance
- Chase and hustle up on deliveries and ensure timely delivery across testing, manufacturing and packaging partners
- Problem solving when inevitably stock becomes unavailable or is subject to delay
- Deploy technical solutions to reduce administration time and increase accuracy / scalability
- Keep a close eye on stock level and flag when new stock and/or components needs ordering
- Keep in contact with suppliers for accurate lead times
- Keep stock tracker up to date with locations and levels of stock across multiple sites
- Ensure our third party contract manufacturers and packers are fully and accurately briefed on technical specs for testing, blending and packaging
- Project manage production from end to end whilst keeping all relevant stakeholders fully informed on what is going on where and when
- Coordinate activities across tight timelines to ensure no delays by being on the front foot in managing very busy contract manufacturers who need tight management
- Stay on top of communications with co-mans/packers to ensure accuracy and attention to detail are maintained throughout the process to avoid any errors that could result in lengthy delays
- Ensure testing at third party labs is carried out accurately and on time
- Work closely with R&D/Innovation team to qualify and test new materials and raws
- Stay on top of release (quarantine) dates for raw materials and finished goods
- Ensure stock levels are maintained at 3pl’s for pick and pack activities to continue uninterrupted
- Work with 3pl to ensure they are fully briefed on pack out procedures for all products new and old
- Anticipate and problem solve for delays (e.g. stock missing, wastage, damage and personnel issues)
Next Challenge - >1 year on
Scale and lead the team required to take Front Of The Pack to millions of customers.
Problem solve the unforeseen challenges that will inevitably crop up as we build the most loved and trusted pet nutrition brand on the planet.
What will help to do your job well?
- 3+ years in a supply chain & logistics role in the D2C space
- An appreciation for evidence over evangelism
- Passionate about health and wellbeing
- Understanding e-commerce and subscription business models
- Ability to use data to inform the effectiveness of processes
- Being curious to test new ideas, and your own self-imposed limits
Working at Front Of The Pack
- Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of Front Of The Pack working closely with the founders and our team of world-class advisors.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our culture. We strive to create a happy and healthy workplace for the team.
- We promote a culture of a flexible working - we're outcome/results driven & appreciate great people have family lives too.
- We also offer a budget for personal professional development as well as personal physical and emotional development.
- FOTP is based in LA and London.
- FOTP has raised over $10m of venture capital by Tier 1 VC's in Europe and the US.
- This role is open to those who wish to be fully remote working but will be US based.
- This role will come with stock options.
- This role has a comprehensive benefits package associated with it.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈