1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Trala is a tech-powered online music school. Our mission is to make world-class music education accessible to every single person on Earth.
Right now, music education is so expensive that the joy of music is available only to the rich and urban. Imagine instead a world where all 4 billion people who will pick up an instrument in the next 30 years could get a world-class education. Imagine how much more music and joy there would be in the world. That is the future we’re obsessed with creating.
Our first product, Trala: Learn Violin, is a mobile application through which anyone can learn how to play violin. We do this using movie-quality tutorial videos featuring diverse violinists, signal processing that listens to students play their real violins and gives instant feedback on every mistake, a curriculum that prioritizes accessibility and diversity, and private & group lessons that build off the curriculum in the app.
Over the last 3 years, we have organically grown Trala to 250,000 downloads, students in 120+ countries, and support from some of the most famous musicians in the world. Our students are ages 7 to 70 and live in rural Montana, Lebanon, tiny Pacific islands, Hong Kong, and our hometown of Chicago.
Your mission will be to be the educational backbone of this technology company. Your main responsibility will be teaching violin to beginning students via Zoom in 1-on-1 classes and group classes. You will have 20-50 students who you work with. Beyond this, you will be consulted on other areas of the business. Notable projects include working with our Head of Curriculum to propose, create, and review changes to our curriculum, and testing new technology in our app.
- 4+ years' experience teaching beginner violin.
- Experience creating video content is ideal but not required.
- Having audio / video production equipment is a bonus but not required.
- Deep empathy for the journey of each individual student.
- Action-oriented. Moves with purpose, urgency, and adventure.
- Hands-on. Willing and eager to learn new skills to help out the team. Doesn’t view any task as “below” or “above” them.
- Creative. Able to come up with truly new ideas and be self-directed.
- Accountable. High standards for team productivity.
- Excellent organization and communication skills. Likes details. If you’ve read this whole thing, you might be a fit.
- You'll get to work on a daily basis with motivated students all over the world.
- Trala deeply impacts peoples’ lives. These are dreams you’ll be fulfilling.
- You’ll be paid well, have free medical/dental/vision, and work with people who are the best at what they do.
- Trala is a temple of learning. You’ll make a big impact on the team, iterate quickly, and grow faster than you would anywhere else.
- Trala is funded by amazing people like the LinkedIn and Duolingo CEOs. These folks are leaders in education & growth and are our mentors. They will be your mentors, too.
- Trala is small and tight-knit. If you need us to move a couple blue barrels in the middle of the night, we won't ask what's inside.
- Trala prioritizes diversity, inclusion, and righting economic and social wrongs. We strive to make our corner of the world a better place.
- Read up about our team at https://trala.com/about.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈