Usability/HCI Research Specialist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
Category: All others
Come join Mozilla's Design & People Experiences team!
If your passion is helping people, problem-solving, working in an environment that allows you to stretch your technological skillset providing users solutions, while supporting a mission that is driven to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible, then this is the right position for you!
You will take part in new product design programs and contribute to usability improvements for current products, collaborating with teams of researchers, designers, and engineers and working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
While we have team members in different parts of the world, our team is dominantly distributed across North America, with larger hubs in Portland, OR and Toronto, Canada.
- Apply usability testing and human-computer interaction techniques to assist with our user testing, documentation, and design activities.
- Facilitate individual to large group study sessions across a range of methods, including comparative and tradeoff assessments, guerrilla tests, A/B tests, card sorts, moderate/un-moderated research, remote usability, heuristics evaluations, and user experience assessments.
- Proactively support our research and design efforts by being a relentless user advocate and helping us deliver concepts and products that are safe effective, easy to use, not prone to user error, and that delight end users.
- Identify, recruit and schedule users, incl. development and execution of screeners
- Collaborate closely across disciplines to articulate the value of user-centered design advocating for the end-user throughout the process.
- Employing both qualitative and quantitative analysis of data to formulate insights and informed decisions. Assess results, write reports, and present findings.
- Provide heuristic design guidance, ideas, and feedback to project teams and help identify use-cases and usability risks
- Establish and publish requirements and guidelines
- Work on multiple, concurrent projects, prioritizing tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining the quality of your work
- Support contextual and ethnographic research as well as individual/group interviews
Your professional profile...
- Min of 3 years of experience in a UX research role.
- You have a focused toolkit of user experience research and usability methods with the ability to select, scale, and adapt your toolkit to a variety of investigative, information-gathering, and analysis tasks
- Familiar with interaction design and web technology skills
- A portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of testing techniques and experiences
- Self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and moving quickly from planning to execution
- Familiar with industry standards and trends in relation to usability, HCI and HFE
- Proficiency or fluency in languages other than English (especially Spanish, Mandarin, Portuguese or Arabic)
- Experience with research on augmented/virtual reality, security/privacy products and content curation/delivery.
- Experience with userzoom, usertesting.com or similar platforms
- Experience with machine learning or AI systems.
- Understanding of accessibility standards.
- Experience in an open-source environment.
- Experience working on a remote and distributed team.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including but not limited to women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈