Transmission Planning Engineer
Urban Grid Solar Projects
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Urban Grid Solar Projects is a leader in building clean energy solutions through utility-scale solar project development. Urban Grid has provided utilities and corporate clients with more 350 MWac of clean energy to date and is actively developing a growing portfolio consisting of 9,300 MWac solar PV and 1,728 MWac energy storage throughout eleven states across the U.S. Our large-scale photovoltaic power plants are a vital source of clean, renewable energy that will help shape the diversified electric grid of the future.
Urban Grid is looking for an experienced transmission planning engineer to contribute to the company’s expanding solar project portfolio as a subject matter expert on interconnection planning studies and power flow analysis. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of new interconnection applications, completing targeted analysis of interconnection study reports, validating generator interconnection power flow studies, and working with the interconnection team to develop market-level interconnection strategies. The candidate should have previous experience working in a transmission planning role with a focus in the PJM market. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete internal feasibility analysis of potential project sites using available transmission data and provide guidance to interconnection team
- Develop power flow base cases, as necessary, to identify project constraints
- Develop generator dynamic models and short circuit models for interconnection applications
- Analyze generator interconnection study reports, validate findings with targeted power flow analysis, and summarize findings to interconnection team
- Lead the development of regional interconnection strategies in concert with the interconnection team
- Represent Urban Grid in RTO/ISO stakeholder committees and processes
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. The candidate must possess the ability to translate complex engineering analysis into executive summaries
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the electric utility or renewable industry
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a transmission planning role at a utility, RTO, or a developer.
- Proficient in running power flow studies in PSSE, TARA, or PowerWorld
- Familiarity with Short Circuit Modeling in ASPEN Oneliner or CAPE preferred
- Familiarity with the FERC OATT and regional interconnection processes is preferred
- Understanding of power market pricing and dynamics is preferred
- Planning experience with inverter-based generators is preferred
Location: Remote working is acceptable for this role. Position may require periodic trips to Richmond, VA for team meetings or site visits to support engineering and development activities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Urban Grid offers comprehensive benefits including: Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and Retirement plan with matching. Full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈