Technical Support Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: All others
Remote – Work from Home – Can be based pretty much anywhere in the world!
As a Technical Support Engineer (known internally as a Happiness Engineer), you love helping people.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust, resulting in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this by listening to our customers’ needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Are you interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Support Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, one-on-one screen share sessions, and forums.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports.
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world.
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Mid to high proficiency with WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience providing technical support to customers, particularly via live chat, tickets, telephone, or forums.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable for the general public.
- A passion for solving challenging problems and proposing elegant solutions.
- Solid ability to identify and accurately document technical issues.
- An intense intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to share knowledge with others.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Happiness Engineers must be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, please be sure to tell us.
An ideal candidate:
- Has created three or more WordPress websites.
- Has experience installing and configuring WordPress plugins and themes.
- Is adept at troubleshooting technical issues.
- Has experience creating bug reports.
- Has experience providing technical support to customers via telephone, tickets, live chat, or forums.
In our application form, you’ll be prompted to answer questions. We read through all of these carefully, so please be thorough and go into as much detail as you like!
We’re a distributed company with more than 1400 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈