Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats. Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
The results show:
--We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from mid-sized organizations to Fortune 100 companies and are adding hundreds of new customers every quarter.
--We are growing at twice the rate of the overall PAM market (50% vs 25%).
-- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row.
The role of the Project Manager II is to manage Thycotic’s large packaged and custom projects, from prior to the sale of the project, until completion of the project. This includes helping arrange scoping calls, and facilitating statements of work prior to the sale, and then after the sale, facilitating the kickoff calls/meetings, and managing the scope, schedule, budget, resources and timely delivery of deliverables during the projects.
In addition, it includes ensuring that projects are completed as close to the originally stated timeline as possible, and within the initial budget, or if that’s not possible due to changing conditions, ensuring that clients are notified in a timely manner of scope changes that may impact the timing, scope, or cost of a project. The Project Manager II works closely with consultants, architects and coordinators in the Professional Services team, and with staff from other departments within Thycotic including Technical Support, Project Management, and Sales.
This position will report to the Director of Professional Services, International. Ideally, the candidate will be located in the United Kingdom or Germany however candidates in other EMEA locations will be considered.
- Work with technical consultants and architects from both Thycotic and Thycotic’s services partners to: facilitate services project scoping calls, introductory calls, regular status and other meetings; create Statements of Work associated with these projects; manage project scope, schedule, budget, resources and deliverables from inception to execution; facilitate and document requirements; enforce the Global Professional Service Delivery Methodology.
- Ensure timely kickoff calls with handoff and set clear expectations for each project, including: ensure that key KPIs including budget, schedule, etc. are maintained; ensure timely change requests are submitted; keep PS management team informed of projects requiring intervention.
- Use project management software such as Smartsheet or Microsoft Project to create clear project plans for larger projects, including tasks, sub-tasks, dependencies, resources, and timeframes.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to keep them informed about engagements in accounts that they manage.
- Collaborate with Sales, and PS leadership to keep them informed about engagement status, any blockers, or important issues that require intervention.
- Work closely with clients’ project managers to ensure that there is a joint understanding of the scope, timeframe, and deliverables of the project, including scope changes.
- Work closely with the Global Director of Project Management to align processes and methodology.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical or communications field or equivalent experience – Project Management related degree is a strong plus.
- PMP, Prince2 or similar PMI certification.
- 5+ years of full-time work experience doing project management work for software or IT companies.
- Cyber Security Project Management a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively engage and work with clients, sales, consultants, and other technical roles such as support engineers.
- Solid experience with a project management tool such as Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, Trello, etc., Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management system such as SalesForce.
Why Work at Thycotic?
We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative.
What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression!
Thycotic was awarded “Best Places to Work” in 2019 in recognition of the hands-on experience and growth opportunities available here, as reported by employees. A focus on employee advancement and our ethos of respect are just some of the reasons why people love working here!
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.