2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Europe
Category: All others
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
What You’ll Do
CloudBees is looking for a CI/CD expert to Evangelize Jenkins and CloudBees through education and training. In this role you will be involved in two critical areas of CloudBees’ education and evangelism. The first includes designing and developing training courses for self-paced delivery and instructor-led delivery by CloudBees Professional Services and Certified Training Partners. These courses are highly interactive, hands-on lab intensive Jenkins and CloudBees technical training courses.The second main area is architecting and building robust infrastructure supporting education and training. The environment includes automation to provision on-demand environments mimicking common CI/CD tool chains and environments on demand and at large scales.You will work as part of a distributed Training team using agile development methodologies to build and maintain both training content and supporting infrastructure. The team consists of experienced Software Developers and Technical Curriculum Developers. This position can be located in San Francisco Bay Area, Raleigh, NC, or Seville, Spain, (Ukraine??).
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of our “training-as-software” training infrastructure
- Work closely with subject matter experts to design, develop, test, deliver, evaluate and maintain course materials and training lab exercises and lab environments, using Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and GCP
- Continuously learn and follow products and software on the CloudBees and Jenkins ecosystem
- Collaborate with Product Management, Professional Services, Support, and Engineering teams to define priorities
- Contribute to the Jenkins community as well as CloudBees and other open source projects
- Attend conferences and Meetups and write blog posts to share experiences with CloudBees customers and Jenkins users
- Deliver and assist with Jenkins and CloudBees training courses and workshops to the instructor ecosystem and at Meetups, DevOps World | Jenkins World, and other conferences.
This role reports to the Director of Training & Certification within the Professional Services organization.
What the Role Requires
- A passion to evangelize Jenkins and CloudBees through educating others
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and personas
- Knowledge of Jenkins and/or other automation systems
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven personality, ready to learn and apply new techniques and technologies
- Experience developing and delivering technical content
- Fully proficient in English written and spoken language
- Experience in software development
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with git and version control systems
- Familiarity with document authoring systems like asciidoctor
- Experience using Jenkins and/or building Jenkins plugins
- Experience in Jenkins administration, especially of large-scale instances
- Contributions to Jenkins or other open source projects
- Experience in project maintenance (open source or closed source)
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!