Technical Delivery Manager (Remote, USA, Full-Time)
4 Mile Analytics
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Remote, USA, Full-Time - MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
How can you apply your product, project, and client management expertise to help clients transform data into new business value?
4 Mile Analytics is a full-service consultancy specializing in custom data experiences powered by the Looker platform. We believe in the power of compelling data narratives to drive better decision-making. Our tailored solutions help our clients move up the chain of analytic maturity.
4 Mile teams have delivered transformative projects for the world's largest companies. We focus on pragmatic solutions to our clients' most complex data problems. Every day presents fresh opportunities to develop your delivery management and consulting skills.
The Technical Delivery Manager is responsible for discovering client needs, defining solutions that maximize impact and value, organizing and orchestrating implementation for on-time and on-budget delivery, and cultivating long-term client relationships. The role is multifaceted, combining product management, project management, and client management.
4 Mile views our deliveries as data products. In this role, product management means defining the "what" and "why" for each project you lead--what is the problem we are solving, why is it valuable, and what is the solution we will provide?
- Drive discovery of the client's business objectives and end user needs
- Define the overall solution strategy to maximize impact and value to the client
- Develop buy-in for each solution with client stakeholders, acting as an evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Work with the client and your internal project team to define requirements
- Facilitate rapid discovery and prototyping sprints
- Prepare and maintain use cases, personas, user stories, prototypes, and other detailed requirements
- Act as internal product owner, guiding the implementation team through design decisions, working with client stakeholders to resolve product questions, and verifying the implementation
- Build relations with stakeholders and end users to solicit feedback on requirements, conduct user testing, and iterate on the solution.
As project manager, you are responsible for managing project scope and driving successful delivery, on time and on budget. You set the "when" and "how"--when will we deliver and how we will do so?
- Oversee the timely delivery of each project, ensuring it remains within scope and within budget
- Act as principal point of contact for the client, throughout the engagement
- Develop the project SOW, including objectives, scope, resources, budget, and timeline
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility
- Organize and coordinate a cross-functional team of analysts, data engineers, software engineers, and designers that includes 4 Mile, client, and third party resources
- Prepare a project plan and document project progress for review by senior management and key client stakeholders
- Schedule and run agile sprint ceremonies, including daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Manage project tasks, acting as scrum master
- Mitigate risk and manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
As client manager, you are the go-to person developing 4 Mile's relationship with the client, identifying high-value opportunities to work together, ensuring excellent customer satisfaction over the long-term. In this aspect of the role, you will:
- Build long-term rapport and trust with clients
- Identify new opportunities for services work, cross-selling and continuing to deliver value
- Negotiate contracts and Statements of Work (SOW's)
- Resolve client disputes and escalate as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities for the client to deepen their 4 Mile relationship
- Assume the role of a support system for the client, helping resolve relevant issues
We value in our teammates:
- Curious minds who are inclined to ask, “Why?”
- Strong problem-solvers who are comfortable in unfamiliar situations and can view challenges from multiple perspectives
- Drive to develop technical and management skills for oneself and teammates
- Ability to connect with clients and colleagues of different backgrounds and communication styles, through empathy and clear verbal, visual, and written communication
- Equating professional achievement with happy clients/end-users
- Respecting the reality of “wearing multiple hats” in a rapidly growing organization
- Understanding the unique and powerful position of a product consulting organization
- Authenticity: Showing up as you are, right now; communicating with openness and honesty
- Kindness: Nurturing ourselves, in support of our team, in support of our clients
- Humility: Rewarding collaboration over individual heroics; making others look good
- Rigor: Exceeding expectations; sweating the details
- Empathy: Assuming good intent; listening well
We're looking for:
- 2+ years managing agile software deliveries/projects
- 2+ years building technical products/deliverables, e.g. engineering, design, analytics, or other technical role
- Experience in consulting or other client-facing role (including internal stakeholders)
- Strong emotional intelligence, with personable and direct communication and a desire to empower others
- Great instincts around design and strategy for data products and analytics
- Ability to lead your own projects and operate with a high degree of autonomy in a remote-first, distributed working environment
- Desire to learn and grow your knowledge of data/analytics
- Experience with data products, especially Looker
- Experience in a specific data vertical (i.e. Healthcare, Finance, Retail, etc.)
- Established network of leadership contacts, in data/analytics functions
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈