Technical Artist (Mobile Games)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: All others
As Technical Artist at DECA Games, you will have the chance to work on some cool older mobile titles, updating them with new ideas and standards. We want to bring your expertise and passion to our fun environment. In collaboration with both internal and external partners, you will be a core contributor working on game art from beginning to end in a critical role.
The ideal candidate will be a tenacious, self-motivated, empathetic, and level-headed organizer of people and process, who won't let up until the way forward is clear and the team is on the right path.
- Be responsible for implementation of all art across all games in the Studio
- Coordinate with artists and product team to ensure a steady art pipeline
- Create banners (for both in game implementation and promotional content on websites)
- Create simple art and animations and bring them into the game
- Use particles and shaders to create VFX
- Solve challenging technical issues in asset pipeline
- Provide hands-on support to engineers in regard to assets performance
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to resolve problems
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline in the video game industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer
Skills and Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience working with GitHub
- Knowledge in modelling and art tools (Autodesk Maya and / or 3DS Max)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art)
- Great artistic skills (proportion, color, composition)
- Good animation skills
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package and / or Unity
- Ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Positive attitude and team player
Would be a plus
- Experience working with Jira
- Passion for games
- Experience with Python
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!