(Senior) Video Editor
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
VIDEO EDITOR JOB DESCRIPTION
LOCATION: Remote / Rockville, MD
Overview: Viva Creative is looking for talented, detail-oriented and collaborative full-time Video Editors who are experts at bringing creative ideas and executions to life through post-production. Working under our Production Lead, the Video Editor will be responsible for all aspects of post-production projects. Required skillsets include video editing. brand storytelling motion graphic animation, and audio mixing / engineering.
The Video Editor will own various post-production assignments, working in tandem with the creative production team to deliver high-quality, impactful finished products. Ideal candidates will be responsible, respond well to constructive feedback, and passionate about executing high-quality work. Working well independently, organizing key aspects of post-production, and communicating progress to the broader agency team in a fast-paced environment in an efficient manner is a necessity.
- Owns all aspects of post-production audio and video deliverables including audio/video editing, color treatment and correction, formatting and compression, design, motion graphics, sound mixing and engineering.
- Works with Production Lead, Creative Lead, and other members of the Creative Team to ensure continuity and integrity of the idea is upheld and executed to the highest standard.
- Ensures final production deliverables are accurate and planned properly.
- 5-7 years of experience.
- Current reel / portfolio of relevant and recent video editing work.
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Film Production, or equivalent training is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Products, e.g., Premiere, After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop.
- Capable of handling multiple, multi-weeklong video editing projects simultaneously.
- Maintains a strong understanding of advertising industry standards, specs & guidelines as they relate to audio and visual executions, including extensive knowledge of delivery platforms, file types, compression types and codecs.
- Successfully develops and drives projects from start to completion.
- Ability to collaborate with clients and agency partners and shared resources when necessary.
- Takes direction and critique in a professional manner.
- Understands both the creative and production processes with strong skills as an editor and animator.
- Collaborates and provides support for other internal efforts if necessary.
- Preferred: Prior agency experience.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈