(Senior) Scala Trainer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Spain
Category: All others
47 Degrees, a global consulting firm specializing in functional programming, is always on the lookout for talented Software Engineers to lead and nurture projects involving Scala and other technologies in the Engineering and Big Data space. As a Technical Trainer, you will work closely with our engineering team to spread Scala knowledge and the 47 Degrees expertise worldwide.
Outside of our client-facing projects, open-source projects, we are heavily invested in sharing knowledge through the 47 Degrees Academy. Additionally, as part of our commitment to the community, 47 Degrees organizes Lambda World, a non-profit, bi-annual Functional Programming conference held in Cadiz, Spain, and Seattle, well as the largest Scala Meetup in the Pacific Northwest, Scala at the Sea.
Some of the job responsibilities may include:
- Lead both 47 Degrees Academy and training engagements with clients worldwide related to the Scala ecosystem.
- Develop new hands-on lab-based courses and modules in coordination with the developer training team.
- Help onboard and mentor new engineers for clients and internal teams where necessary.
- Represent 47 Degrees with speaking engagements at events/seminars around the globe and virtually.
- Be a nice person and a team player.
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in Scala-related work in a professional environment.
- Solid grasp of functional programming principles.
- Strong speaking skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, both on-site and online.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Delivered technical training classes in the past year or trained engineers in the sufficiently complex software stack.
- A desire to continually expand and refine your technical knowledge.
- Currently, 47 Degrees Academy is operating as a virtual offering. However, when travel becomes safe and feasible, there is the possibility that instructor-led in-person trainings will be required. As such, flexibility to travel up to 50% of the time is required.
- Experience working with VCS like Git.
- Experience with the recording of videos and e-learning.
- Experience with the development of learning materials and courses.
What you can expect from us:
This role includes the flexibility to work remotely in Spain or from one of our Spain offices. Here's what you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary with benefits
- Flexibility to work on open source projects
- Company match on donations (set budget) through the 47 Degrees Cares Platform.
- Continuous education support with access to training courses on the 47 Degrees Academy Platform
- Equity Incentive Plan
- All the tools you need including a MacBook, Monitor, Mouse, and Keyboard and a comprehensive production setup for remote training
You can also expect support from leadership and your colleagues; we love seeing our own succeed, and we'll do what we can to foster your growth and creativity. This is an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing, cutting-edge company.
47 Degrees is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please feel free to share your preferred pronouns with us during the application process.
47 Degrees does not sponsor work visas, either at the time of hire or at any later time. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the USA/UK or Spain and complete any required employment eligibility forms.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Spain.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈