Senior Quality & Food Safety Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
- Create, enforce, and maintain Ollie’s Q&FS standards, including influencing and implementing any needed changes or updates
- Provide Q&FS approval of current and new vendors, co-manufacturers, co-packers, and other extensions of the supply chain through risk assessments, internal audits, corrective actions, and preventative measures
- Report key metrics on manufacturing performance and conformance to standards, including leading quality reviews for external manufacturing
- Investigate and resolve issues involving non-conforming material, out-of-specification events, and consumer complaints
- Provide technical leadership for the development of testing programs, including design and execution of complex quality and/or food safety projects
- Translate scientific data and risk assessment outcomes into practical strategies for the supply chain network to support Q&FS agenda
- May lead cross-functional teams, train/coach others, and direct the technical work of others in the area of Q&FS
- Serve as a passionate champion of Quality & Food Safety to protect pets, customers, and the Ollie brand
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality leader in food or pharmaceutical production
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Food Safety, with in-depth knowledge of Quality Control, HACCP, and food safety management standards, including auditing for compliance in products intended for pet or human consumption
- Demonstrated strengths in written and verbal communication, project management, and translating technical data to any audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering or related technical field; higher degrees desirable
- Additional desirable qualifications: certifications in HACCP, PCQI, and Q&FS auditing schemes (SQF, FSSC 22000, BRC, AIB, etc); credentials in microbiology and/or statistical analysis
- Perseverance to succeed, willingness to tackle new challenges, and desire to learn and grow
- Competitive pay + a stake in the company
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly lunch stipend through Seamless
- Home office set-up budget
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Ollie subscription for one dog
- Inspiring pack members!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈