What we need
Do you want to be part of an incredible growth company - a chance to be a strategist and also do hands-on work that
makes an impact on our culture and employees? Atlassian is looking for a communications guru to craft and cultivate
the stories we share with our employees. You’ll be an essential communications partner to our People Team, helping
them clearly articulate our employee value proposition and share details about the programs that matter to
employees. You will be on the global brand and communications team and will report into the Head of Internal
You’re looking for a challenge -- the opportunity to nurture the employee community at one of the leading tech
brands in the world. You have a knack for developing comprehensive narratives that will help us attract, retain and
grow the Atlassian TEAM. You'll always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable proposing new ideas.
In addition, you'll use our many communication channels to ensure you can reach the largest number of Atlassians
possible. You're excited to measure the impact of your programs so that we are always on a path of continuous
- Build an HR communications strategy to influence, educate, and inform employees across all geos.
- Be a strategic and tactical partner, especially for complicated and sensitive communications affecting the whole
- Play a key role in internal content creation and help amplify communications from the HR organization, including
total rewards, performance management and talent acquisition.
- Establish operating rhythm with HR functions to ensure projects and priorities are effectively communicated and
- Guide storytelling efforts for People Team projects, developing compelling campaigns and content to support
- Craft, ghostwrite and edit blog posts, presentations, narratives, speaking points, and playbooks.
- Manage community feedback and address online comments or questions.
- Lead global launches, events and other internal activities, with a keen understanding of cultural nuances.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Have 10+ years of experience in internal communications or employee communications.
- Build and run global communications programs; a self-starter who can operate independently.
- Be a natural writer, able to personally pen blogs, executive speaking points and content for HR initiatives.
- Collaborate with our Creative team to develop visually appealing content that tells a story.
- Have a high-energy approach and high emotional intelligence, matched with the ability to get stuff done in
It's great, but not required if you have:
- A history in the software industry, with insight into tech history, culture, and tech nomenclature.
- B2C and B2B experience, or at least an informed point-of-view on what makes brands stand out to attract, hire
More about our team
We are motivated by business impact, and every project has one owner who is empowered as the key decision-maker. We
define success metrics upfront and restlessly drive towards them. We dig into the details but are at home in
ambiguous situations. We embrace our “open company, no bull$#*t” value and have the grit to say it like it is. We're
good listeners, especially the voice of our customer. We move really fast. We take risks and fail (which is OK!). We
take away key lessons to ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. We play as a team.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you
at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options,
five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth,
unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build
tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and
aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney
and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so
much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and
freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our
products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital,
veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.