Sacré-Davey Engineering Inc.
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: All others
Sacré-Davey is a consulting engineering company providing engineering and project management services in diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage, and ports and marine. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
As a Project Manager you will be accountable for the overall delivery of multiple small capital projects concurrently and major projects (to 200MM TIC). You will need to be proficient in and accountable for strategic, tactical and managerial matters associated with the project execution commencing during the proposal development phase and continuing through start-up and commissioning. To be successful in this role you will be adept at productively engaging client organizations, developing bespoke execution strategies that align with client needs, and delivering projects with certainty.
We are open to working remotely for the right candidate however some travel may be required to customer sites and SDE offices.
Please send in a cover letter that includes 3 bullet points highlighting your experience in proposal development, approach in managing changes with clients and articulating your considerations upon initiation of a project.
- Establish a project plan, defining the project goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, team responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
- During bid development, defines the scope, schedule, risk and budget of the project and articulate strategies for execution.
- Review and approve work breakdowns, cost estimates, baseline schedules and project changes requested by clients.
- Build a high performing team by motivating and incenting project team members through the establishment of project-related performance objectives, mentoring and guidance to ensure project(s) success.
- Motivate project team staff to deliver quality results on time and on budget, and coaches others to provide successful outcomes.
- Establish and control the project scope and manages the risks and commitments within project scope.
- Manage and report on project performance to clients, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Act as a primary contact for clients; demonstrates professionalism, excellent communication skills, and problem-solving abilities in all interactions.
- Oversight and direction of all project execution activities, including overall cost, schedule, and plant performance related to the project assigned.
- Ensure project Risk Management systems are developed and implemented.
- Provide input to continuously improve project management processes and procedures.
- Organize and assure that quality assurance and project reviews are carried out professionally and timed during the appropriate project phases.
- Monitor and report project progress, critical path, and sub-critical path activities in line with deliverables and key milestones.
- Track project performance, specifically analyzing the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Take responsibility for the Quality Management System on the project.
- Manage invoicing and receivables for projects.
- Support the company by providing an environment for the development and professional advancement of project staff, including providing on-the-job and formal training.
- Utilize lessons learned processes to capture, support and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution.
- 10+ years of project delivery experience on energy projects
- Experience delivering major projects (to 200MM TIC)
- Experience delivering multiple, small brownfield upgrade projects concurrently
- Experienced with all project phases from concept to completion
- Skilled at writing proposals, estimating effort, developing schedules (using MS Projects) in a manner that highlights the company value proposition and advantaged execution models.
- Preference for experience in delivering projects with one or more of the following: renewable natural gas, renewable fuels (coprocessing and pre-treatment of biogenic feeds), biofuels, renewables co-processing, carbon capture
- A preference for experience in developing/delivering projects using lean/agile project management methods
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Commercial and Business acumen as it relates to budgeting, managing receivables, scheduling, forecasting and change management
- Ability to motivate and mentor project team members
- Experience in the development of procedures and workflows to improve the execution of projects
- Ability to travel is required
- Fluency in English, with fluency in French and other languages is considered an asset
Sacré-Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈