Program Manager - Federal
1 week ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
*This role is remote
About the role:
Skydio is looking for a driven Program Manager with a deep sense of ownership to lead and drive all aspects of implementation and delivery for our federal customers. You will be Skydio’s federal customer liaison and broadly responsible for the success of our contracts to include: cost, performance, scheduling, project planning, technical execution, risk management and problem solving. Internally, you work hand in hand with Engineering and Sales to develop plans, solve problems and communicate risk and progress to executives. A successful candidate will become an indispensable bridge between federal customers and Skydio’s extremely agile and world class technical teams. This role reports to the Director, Federal Programs and will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Sales functions to deliver industry leading autonomous solutions on schedule.
How you'll make an impact:
- Be a highly collaborative, requirements driven planner with a deep sense of ownership and accountability with a willingness to roll up sleeves and dive into the details.
- Manage production and NRE programs across Federal verticals against cost, schedule and technical requirements as well as execute vision and scale of processes to expand our Federal customer base
- Understand customer requirements and translate them to Skydio’s agile product and technical teams to drive development and delivery execution.
- Establish relationships with Government customers and be technical enough to build & drive plans with Skydio’s engineering team’s to meet milestones.
- Inform Skydio and customer business and program leaders regarding contract management risks and opportunities, ensuring a coordinated and comprehensive approach to product delivery across the program.
- Help capture new opportunities through proposal response with your knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other Government contracting regulations to ensure Skydio compliance.
- General support of go-to-market & business activities as required.
What makes you a good fit:
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Ability to obtain FAA Part 107 Certification
Experience & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong focus on project management tools and concepts.
- Proven track record of implementing new technology, agile development and interfacing with technical teams to deliver on customer schedules.
- Experience in implementing effective internal business systems, processes and controls for management of large scale Federal customers
- Successful management of contracts and/or programs within the Department of Defense or other Federal Customers.
- Experience with firm fixed price, indefinite demand indefinite delivery contracts and Other Transaction Authority Agreements
- Experience with DOD and commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems and related software development.
- Government Program Management experience, to include: Technology Assessments, Systems Design, Systems Analysis, Programmatic Support, Acquisition Planning, and Budget Planning.
- Understanding of the DoD acquisition process, the FAR, and DFAR
- Ability to address complex procurement related matters and recommend solutions to acquisition challenges
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈