Practice Director, Data Governance and Protection
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
At Optiv, we’re on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We’re one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Practice Director provides leadership, vision, and growth strategy for the Data Governance and Protection Technical Community. Ensures high quality, profitable services engagements that build a trusted advisor relationship with our clients. Manage key metrics for consulting (utilization, profitability and revenue growth, customer satisfaction) for the Data Governance and Protection organization.
Acts as the point of reporting for all individual contributors throughout the Data Governance and Protection organization, the Practice Director is responsible for the care and development of the entire delivery team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select and develop key leaders into Managers and Senior Managers.
- In accordance with best practices and functional requirements develop and maintain the Center(s) of Excellence (COE) for Data Governance and Protection across Optiv.
- Develop partnerships across other service and domain areas.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of key sales tools for Data Governance and Protection Area.
- Develop and maintain key vendor and other partner relationships within Data Governance and Protection.
- Develop relationships across Solution Areas and Practices. Develop relationships with national, area, and regional Sales leadership. Act as a mentor to all resources.
- Responsible for the overall skills and capabilities of the delivery team to maximize quality, performance, and billability.
- Effectively train and equip resources to ensure alignment with customer expectations and delivery of services.
- Responsible for personnel performance and escalations.
- Manage a global services team.
- Maniacal focus on client satisfaction during service delivery.
- Oversee team's engagement schedule and resource utilization.
- Enhance, improve, and streamline product security service line offerings.
- Grow, develop, and retain direct reports.
- Assist sales in identifying and closing new business opportunities.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- 7+ years of information security and/or professional services experience.
- 4+ years of professional services mentoring and management experience.
- Deep understanding of consulting financial metrics (utilization, profitability, revenue recognition, backlog).
- Deep understanding of Data Privacy and Security Regulations including GDPR, HIPAA, and CCPA.
- Deep understanding of Data Governance and Data Protection capabilities and technology required for Data Management across hybrid environments. (Examples, Masking, Encryption, DLP, DAG, Data Discovery, Data Classification, Database activity and anomaly detection).
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management and the synergies with Data Management.
- Experience with leading Data Governance and Protection solutions; Varonis, Symantec, Stealth bits, MFST, and SailPoint.
- Experience building, growing, and leading geographically diverse teams.
- Experience delivering and leading professional services engagements across multiple industry verticals.
- Operational experience building consulting offerings and taking them to market.
- Understanding of current cyber security trends, threats, and pressures experienced by customer security leaders.
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desire to grow and mentor individuals both within and outside of the Data Governance and Protection practice.
Why you’ll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations – Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
- Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
- Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
- Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
- The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈