Mexican Spanish <> English Language Expert
2 months ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: Mexico
Category: All others
Culture Flipper is looking for a Mexican Spanish language expert
Working with Mexican Spanish into English writers and editors, your role will be to help the team to produce final transcreated work by translating and contextually deconstructing source texts and will include the following responsibilities:
- Supply the cultural context of Mexican Spanish into English texts
- Communicate with Project Managers & Coordinators in both Mexican Spanish into English
- Explain the rationale for each piece of writing we deliver to our clients
- Provide feedback to Mexican Spanish into English writers before delivering final work to clients (includes proofreading Mexican Spanish into English texts and comparing target texts with the source)
- Coordinating with Project Managers & Coordinators on a daily basis
- QA and proofread non-literary translations
- Managing an EN < > Mexican Spanish Translation Memory (TM) if needed
You must have the following:
- Written and verbal fluency in Mexican Spanish and English (primarily American. Knowledge of the differences with British/International English is a huge plus)
- 3+ years of experience in translation, particularly literary translation, interpretation or localization
- A degree and/or professional training in languages, cultures, translation
- Effective communication skills and poise in conflict situations
- A talent and passion for language
- Experience in copywriting and transcreating
- Command of current Spanish language usage in Mexico
- Able to discern good writing from great writing
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail, and problem-solving on a deadline
- Experience in QA/QC (not a requirement, but a plus)
- Experience in CAT (computer-aided translation) tools and TM management (not a requirement, but a huge plus)
- Subtitling experience a plus
About Culture Flipper:
Culture Flipper is a multicultural content creation agency providing localization that blends seamlessly into diverse regions and markets. Our team members are located around the globe, primarily in North America, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and Europe. We are constantly expanding and growing into new markets and regions. The team includes Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese and English language experts, copywriters, editors, typographers, graphic designers, illustrators and more. Specializing in the entertainment industry, Culture Flipper localizes everything related to video content, from movies and TV shows to video games and multimedia interactive installations. Our thorough localization process goes beyond mere translation. Titles, product and campaign slogans, trailer and poster copy, press releases, manuals and synopses become natural and memorable in their target languages thanks to Culture Flipper's deep understanding of trends and cultural context in both the source and target countries. Culture Flipper is a California corporation established in January 2017. We are a diverse and inclusive multicultural agency.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Mexico.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈