Lead Data Scientist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: All others
As the Lead Data Scientist at NS8, you will be the technical lead for a team of passionate Data Scientists and ML Engineers. Your team will build cutting edge data tools that empower our 10k+ e-commerce merchants to provide a frictionless experience for real users and to block fraudulent ones. You will define and execute on a product roadmap for our data and scoring features in conjunction with the CTO, CRO and other key technology and business stakeholders. People management is a bonus but not a requirement for the role as we are focused on finding a true technical leader who provides thought leadership and sets an example by committing innovative and high-quality code.
- Provide technical leadership for the Data Science and ML team; challenging the team to innovate while also ensuring that solutions are implementable at scale and well-documented
- Collaborate with Product and Eng/Data Eng to ensure a seamless handshake between data science/ML APIs and the merchant-facing product.
- Build solutions that can handle millions of events daily
- Ensure team’s documentation is robust and highly readable
- Stay up to date on new technologies that could further optimize NS8’s data services for our clients
- Think deeply about the problems we are helping our merchants solve and propose novel data-driven solutions that we don’t currently see
- Demonstrated history of technical thought leadership in ML/Data Science
- PhD in CS, Statistics or other quantitative field or equivalent experience
- Expert with data science toolkits in Python
- Experience with ML build and deployment (eg Tensorflow)
- Ability to query data lake + data warehouses effectively
- 10+ years professional experience building algorithms and automated systems
- Industry experience in the fraud prevention space a plus
Founded in 2016, NS8 began with the goal of empowering businesses to better fight the growing epidemic of online fraud. Our software combines advertising protection, order protection, and global monitoring into a single solution that safeguards merchants against ever-evolving digital threats.
Born from data orchestration and early-stage detection, NS8’s fast and accurate risk-scoring technology provides better insight into real customers and allows businesses to filter out malicious activity before it starts.
- Laid-back office environment with casual attire
- Occasional catered lunches, plus kitchen stocked daily with drinks and a variety of snacks
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off—holidays, vacation and volunteering days
- Paid sick time
- Employer-paid health insurance package
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Work-from-home days
- This is largely a sedentary role. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be capable of bending and kneeling, reaching and lifting, and squatting for short periods of time.
NS8 Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!