Instructional media developer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: France
Category: All others
Description of the position
OpenClassrooms makes education and career mobility accessible to everyone, everywhere. 🌎
We are the leading online education platform in Europe and Africa, offering fully-accredited online diplomas based on the skills of the future and gathering each month a passionate community of 3 millions of students from around the world.
At OpenClassrooms, we hire learning program designers to help us innovate and create the foundations of tomorrow's education. Learning program designers use their knowledge of educational theory to create learning paths. They help subject matter experts present material in a compelling, well-researched way so students learn a maximum!
Welcome to the revolution of education! #BecomeFutureProof
Working within the multimedia learning team, you report to the multimedia content manager. You have a pivotal position that seamlessly links the learning design and multimedia learning teams. You will be responsible for translating an identified learning need or objective into a clear multimedia concept executed by the creative team.
You will draw on all available knowledge in cognitive science and design principles for e-learning, making decisions on how to represent a concept to foster meaningful learning.
You are passionate about the emerging issues in educational technology and are willing to design multimedia solutions to address them.
Being at the heart of production and working with all those involved in creating courses, your activity requires a great capacity for collaboration and communication.
- Collaborate closely with the learning design team and subject matter expert to understand and refine the instructional needs to translate them in a clear and actionable brief addressed to a creative team
- Analyze the instructional goal of a course and the student profile to advise the coherent and relevant instructional media content
- Define the right material/modality to use to reach the instructional goal
- Write briefs to direct and advise the production of multimedia materials
- Define, implement and improve a modalities decision-making framework
- Understand the effectiveness of a modality in a specific context
- Monitor and analyze the multimedia learning outcomes of a product
- Monitor and analyze learners’ satisfaction through NPS, surveys, interviews, etc
- Collaborate on the definition of new multimedia modalities
Knowledge and experience
- Experienced in instructional media design for learning
- In-depth knowledge of the cognitive theory of multimedia learning
- In-depth knowledge of the multimedia production pipeline
- In-depth knowledge of the instructional design process
- Ability to quickly develop creative ideas to solve instructional issues
- Experienced in working on several projects in parallel with multiple stakeholders
The journey starts with an HR phone interview and a meeting with the Hiring Manager.
then you will meet the manager of the multimedia content team. This will be followed by an interview with two of your co-workers and finally by a culture-fit interview with two people from the company.
You will be asked to provide us with professional references contact details.
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
What we offer
- Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees
👉 We value diversity and welcome everyone who wants to join us and make education accessible. We are at an exciting moment and we deeply believe that various backgrounds and experiences will lead to a better product for our students.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, everyday! 🌎
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: France.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈