HR & Business Administrator (100% Remote)
6 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Category: All others
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 40 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
Our organization is growing and with each new team member comes additional logistics and responsibilities. Our current People Operations Team (of 1) is looking for someone to own all human resources and business administration.
You have at least five years experience with SMB administration, human resources, executive or personal assistance. You are a Mac user who is comfortable working remotely as part of a small team with a high level of autonomy and exceptional communication skills for this environment.
You are reliable; people depend on you for stability. You’re the first person friends and family call to help plan/host gatherings and with life-admin related questions (reviewing contracts, obtaining health insurance, doing their taxes).
You ♥ administrative tasks. Working behind the scenes feels rewarding. Your day-to-day sense of accomplishment comes from checking off tasks and supporting a business, while a long-term sense of accomplishment comes from developing more effective processes.
Reading the fine print is your forte - you have an exceptional eye for detail. You know how to anticipate needs and have the confidence to proactively ask for help.
You practice ruthless prioritization. You know how to effectively manage your time while collaborating and communicating in an asynchronous working environment.
You have a natural balance of linear and creative mindset; someone that is highly organized yet resourceful and imaginative in solutions. You have integrity, are trustworthy, self-aware.
You are based in the US or Canada.
Bonus points for working in a startup environment, accounting or employment law.
About The Job
You will be taking ownership over many existing business and people operation systems while suggesting new practices to improve as we grow. We currently use Slack, Gusto, PurelyHR, G Suite, Dropbox and Confluence to name a few. Most of the work required today involves administrative tasks and organization.
The list below should be something you genuinely find enjoyable, as the majority of your day is spent here. You should be familiar with and have the ability to take ownership and responsibility over these areas of the business:
- Compliance & registration: city, state, and federal entities
- Employee benefits: medical, dental, 401k, HSA, FSA
- Finance: payroll, contractor payments and invoices
- Employee care: tracking PTO, purchasing gifts, celebrating work anniversaries
- Business admin: business insurance, workers compensation, tax preparation and business surveys
- Asset & subscription management: purchasing, shipping and tracking all laptops and monitors; managing company subscriptions such as zoom and calendly
- Onboarding: setting up new hires with all necessary devices, accounts and assisting in onboarding and training
- Retreats: research, planning, organization and hosting biannual company off-sites
A ton of other random operational tasks we need your help with at our small company :)
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month co-working stipend
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team 🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 13 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 10 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!