Finance Teaching Assistant
1 month ago
Job type: Freelance
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Compensation: $20/hour, 20-30 hours per week, contract employee, no benefits.
The Greenwood Project is a non-profit whose mission is to introduce Black and Latinx students to the financial services industry. Our flagship summer programs run from June 7th to August 13th in 2021. We are seeking to hire eight Teaching Assistants for these 10 weeks to support 156 high school and college students with financial coursework, career readiness skills, a stock pitch competition, and coding projects.
For the first four weeks, all TAs will work with groups of 9-11 undergraduate students to successfully compete in our annual stock pitch competition as well as master all coursework provided by Wall Street Prep. In the remaining eight weeks, TAs will work with groups of 7-9 high school students. 3-4 TAs will work with our FinTech students working on coding projects and basic financial literacy concepts. The remaining TAs will work with our Financial Institute to compete in our annual stock pitch competition as well as master all financial concepts coursework.
- Enrolled in an MBA program.
- Completed bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Computer Science with at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA.
- Demonstrated experience with securities research.
- Mastery of the following financial industry topics: Excel, PowerPoint, accounting, financial reports, corporate finance, financial statement modeling, DCF modeling, and comps modeling.
- 2-3 of the 8 hires should have significant experience in Python and R or the ability to work a week ahead of students to master the material. Ideally, these candidates have a Computer Science-related major or minor. Experience in DataCamp is ideal.
- Interest in teaching and mentoring students. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in this area gained through other TA positions, volunteer work, etc…
- Flexible M-F, 8-6 (CST) schedule to accommodate diverse TA scheduling needs.
- All programs will be remote; thus, an ability to work remotely is required.
- Submit a one-page resume.
- Submit a one-page cover letter detailing how you fit the requirements for this position, especially how you have mastered the financial industry concepts listed in the job description.
Review of materials will begin immediately on March 12, 2021 and continue until all positions are filled.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈