2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Category: All others
Howdy 👋 We’re the folks at SkyVerge, where we build products that help over 100k+ eCommerce brands grow and manage their businesses. Our team is 100% remote, with 29 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for an experienced, thoughtful Engineering Manager to help lead and coach our growing team of 10 engineers.
You should be…
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring a distributed team of engineers
- Kind-hearted and passionate about leading teams to achieve goals together
- An adept technical teacher who is able to make complex topics seem approachable
- Excited about creating and fostering excellence in engineering and Agile/Lean project management practices
- Action oriented with an experimental mindset and someone who thrives on continuously improving your team
- Eager to collaborate with multiple teams and understand how other teams’ work influences engineering practices
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking on a high level of responsibility
- An effective communicator in verbal and written English with strong feedback skills
- Available for a roughly 9am - 5pm EST work day to maximize overlap with our distributed team
You’ll be responsible for…
- Managing, mentoring, and coaching a team of 10-12 engineers through consistent feedback, continuous improvement, and recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of team members
- Providing career development planning and guidance to the engineering team
- Conducting weekly check-ins (1:1s) with team members
- Assisting with the hiring, onboarding, and training of new team members
- Consistently sharing objectives and goals with the team and rallying the team to accomplish them
- Championing an ethos of continuous improvement in the team
- Helping grow the expertise of the team in performant, reliable, scalable, maintainable architecture, and experimentation
- Collecting and analyzing workflow and team metrics to drive improvements
- Helping to define, document, and unify engineering best practices, project management processes, and tooling across the existing teams
- Participating in quarterly planning meet-ups with company leadership
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Scotland!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply here. Applications accepted through September 17th. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe that when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!