Documentation and Training Engineer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation's social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
About our Learning and Development team:
The Bitfocus Learning and Development team stands out within the HMIS industry, as we provide comprehensive training plans for our internal and external customers. The team is crucial in providing and maintaining software documentation and video tutorials.
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
The Documentation and Training Engineer role varies widely with day to day responsibilities that may include:
- Maintain and update Bitfocus Help Center articles/organization to ensure accuracy and viability.
- Create Bitfocus Help Center documentation as changes are made to the software. This is typically done through Feature Updates but may also include Patch and Bugs.
- Review and complete Zendesk ticket requests related to documentation needs and other written communications.
- Work closely with internal departments/teams to develop content related to software feature updates within a specific sprint cycle.
- Collaborate with other teams on special projects as assigned by your manager.
- Pull and analyze data, through the LMS, Zendesk, Google analytics, as needed.
- Prioritize and pivot through multiple projects with differing timelines.
- Have fun (this is a closely guarded secret of this position!). Work should be fun and working with this team should be something you enjoy and look forward to daily.
As a member of the Learning and Development team your responsibilities play an important role in our team. The documentation completed on a regular basis, accurately and on time, is crucial to the long term success of not only the company but our team as a whole. To be successful in this position you'll need to engage and partner with people across the entire organization. As we engage in these relationships, understanding the roadblocks other teams face is also crucial to success. Partnering is what we should do best.
As the Documentation and Training Engineer, you will:
- Develop subject matter expertise on Clarity Human Services software.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Zendesk products as needed to complete team goals.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the Bitfocus Help Center. If changes are needed, you are a go-to. Questions or roadblocks should always be a conversation with your manager.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to achieve common goals as laid out by your manager.
- Assist with team P&P (Policies and Procedures) creation and management as assigned.
- Plan, execute and oversee assigned documentation projects within the organization. Planned and sometimes unplanned.
- Complete L&D projects within deadlines set.
- Clear communication of barriers to deadlines and brainstorm solutions with your manager.
- Coordinate with your manager around project milestones and timelines.
- Develop a base level understanding of our LMS from an administrator perspective.
- Manage multiple projects across internal departments to meet the L&D team needs.
- Coordinate completion of organization and team projects within the given time, and guidelines.
- Assist with the development of training plans for our internal and external customers.
- Present in front of live and remote audiences, including software demonstrations, and other training needs.
- Design and conduct in-person and remote training on a variety of topics as needed.
- Develop documentation that boosts customer, team, and organizational learning.
- Strategize ways to implement documentation consumption through research and development of content.
- Wordsmith team documentation as needed, including but not limited to LMS course descriptions, company emails, as other needs as they're presented.
- Review lesson scripts as needed partnering with your L&D teammates.
- Schedule and organize meetings as needed, taking detailed notes and action steps needed.
- Use project management tools to effectively complete your work, JIRA, Confluence, Airtable
You will love this position if:
- You are able to work well both solo and as part of a team. This role requires a combination of both and you look forward to the challenge.
- Interesting conversations around the best way to present your work is something you excel at.
- You maneuver through complex company situations in an effective, diplomatic manner.
- You are enthusiastic about technology and learning new software applications and database products.
- You are detail-oriented and able to track many complex or shifting priorities at the same time.
The required experience that drives success in this role:
- You have a proven ability to work effectively with a team or independently.
- You have conducted extensive training and are comfortable speaking to large groups.
- You possess sophisticated project management skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and contractual obligations, including the ability to constantly triage, moving projects along with parallel timelines while responding to new priorities.
- You have excellent people/public relations and communication skills.
- You have strong analytical abilities with the ability to brainstorm solutions through conversations with your manager or self-guided analysis.
- You are highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- You have past success in engaging and becoming a staple of a team.
What makes you stand out:
- In-depth knowledge of HUD and federal partner funding policies, reporting requirements, and data standards.
- Your ability to ask questions leading to a better understanding of the problems you'll face and how to resolve them.
How will Bitfocus support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment
- A unique, friendly and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈