Document Management Specialist
BlackTree Healthcare Consulting
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
BlackTree was founded in July of 2011 with the goal of providing client-centric services to the home care, hospice and skilled nursing industries. Our organization has grown to a team of over 170 staff members made up of clinical, operational, and revenue cycle personnel to support our clients. BlackTree has developed a full suite of custom-designed consulting services focusing on areas critical to quality improvement, operational efficiency, accurate reimbursement and regulatory compliance.
Additionally, in order to provide our clients with an opportunity to focus on core operations, BlackTree provides outsourcing services for Coding and OASIS reviews, Billing and Collections, and full Revenue Cycle services. BlackTree has worked with over 500 clients, ranging from small, community-based agencies to publicly traded national chains. We have both the technical expertise and the real-world experience to implement seamless solutions that assist agencies in a rapidly changing operational and regulatory environment.
BlackTree is looking to hire a Document Management Specialist to focus on orders tracking for our clients. This position is responsible for obtaining signed plans of care and interim orders from the attending physicians that oversee the treatment of home health and hospice patients for our clients. The Document Management Specialist will contact physicians that have outstanding orders and perform the necessary actions to get them signed by the physician. The ideal candidate will also have medical billing and collections experience. This position will be remotely based and BlackTree will provide the necessary technology equipment for remote work.
The Document Management Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Contacting physicians with outstanding orders to obtain signatures. This may include faxing/mailing unsigned orders to physicians and making additional follow-up calls
- Reviewing signed physician orders to confirm that orders will meet Medicare compliance standards
- Uploading signed physician orders into client EMR system with appropriate notes
- Building and maintaining relationships with physician offices
- All other responsibilities as assigned, including billing and collections work
Interested candidates should have an outstanding intellectual capability, maturity and judgment. Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 2+ years of orders tracking experience for either a home health/hospice agency or outsourcing company
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Provide excellent customer service to peers, management, and clients at all times
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing working environment
- Experience with HomeCare HomeBase strongly preferred
Our Mission & Culture
It is BlackTree Healthcare Consulting’s mission to be the leader in providing revenue cycle, outsourcing, and clinical consulting services for the home health, hospice and skilled nursing industries. Through the delivery of exceptional client-centric consulting services, we enable our healthcare clients’ success by building collaborative relationships to support and maintain achievement of financial and operational goals.
BlackTree is committed to bringing the right people together to develop and empower our employees to continue as the industry leaders. This allows for the continued quality on which BlackTree was founded to instrumentally grow the company.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈