Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator
Inclusion Design Group
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Inclusion Design Group provides diversity and inclusion services to corporate clients, academic institutions and professional networks. We are a boutique consulting firm which specializes in education and training related to culture shift, systemic change and inclusive leadership that create a culture where people of all backgrounds can belong and thrive. We are proud to support organizations of all sizes with representation across the globe, including LinkedIn, Kraft-Heinz, Stanford University, YouTube, and The Packard Foundation among others.
Grounded in research and best practices, our ACE approach to client engagement is Asset based, Customized, and Experiential. We have an interactive model that gets people out of their silos and into the conversation. People learn in a variety of ways and we address the diversity of learning styles with a pedagogy that is creative, engaging, interpersonal and yes, even fun!
Our co-founders are internationally recognized experts in their fields. Dereca Blackmon has been an Inclusion Innovator for over 25 years. She served as an Associate Vice Provost and educator at Stanford University where she introduced groundbreaking work on authentic engagement, intergroup dialogue, and unconscious bias to over 20,000 students, staff, faculty and alumni. Dr. Erin Conner, has enjoyed the privilege of a diverse and fulfilling professional history, grounded in educational consulting, business development, and social activism. Her academic background includes the completion of undergraduate and graduate work in both the biological and social sciences, culminating in a PhD in education from the University of California, Berkeley and a post-doc in diversifying the STEM fields.
Why We Do What We Do:
The urgent problems facing our world are formidable and yet our global institutions; corporate, academic, and non-profit, have accepted the challenges, seeking innovations that will push humanity forward. One of our most profound historical realities has been the marginalization of people from different backgrounds; an injustice that not only hampers the creativity we need to solve our most complicated problems by silencing diverse perspectives, but also perpetuates an injustice that leads to long-standing systemic inequities. How can we increase diverse representation, inclusive of real access to opportunities, without requiring the sacrifice of authenticity? How do we create systems that will promote and sustain equity? These questions drive us to do the work that we do and to partner with others to create a more brave, humble, and dedicated community of inclusive leaders.
We are hiring a Diversity and Inclusion Facilitator. Our company is expanding and we are in search of a full-time facilitator to grow with us. As an integral part of our team, they will be responsible for delivering our company's unique approach to diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity while bringing their relevant experience and creativity into the mix. We are looking for an experienced facilitator with a proven track record to be a part of a small team with big impact. As we work towards training others in our Inclusive Mindset framework, we also strive to embody equitable and inclusive values as close-knit collaborators and colleagues.
Responsibilities of the facilitator include, but are not limited to:
- Provide awareness raising, skill-building, experiential workshops and training for corporate, academic and non-profit clients
- Facilitate intensive trainings, workshops, occasional focus groups and follow-up sessions
- Deliver existing award-winning curriculum
- Lead participant discussions about newly introduced content
- Monitor participants' engagement, expand existing knowledge to discern potential learning related challenges and opportunities during trainings and workshops
- Manage/Co-Manage an assigned portfolio of organizations
- Analyze client data related to business imperatives and outcomes
- Prepare pertinent, meaningful training materials in advance of facilitated sessions
- Research and develop new curriculum and expand upon existing curriculum in order to support equity, diversity and inclusion advancement efforts
- Manage technology for facilitating remote workshops
- Communicate proactively with clients
- Manage social media platforms for IDG
- Collaborate with others on the team to find opportunities to improve processes
- Participate in weekly staff and facilitator meetings
- Participate in facilitator training and other professional development opportunities
While business needs may impact schedules, facilitators can generally expect the following:
- Facilitating at least three days/week, with the remaining time focused on other responsibilities
- Flexible five-day/week - must able to work on a global schedule with occasional early morning, evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- BA or relevant experience
- 3 years corporate and/or academic experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience facilitating equity and inclusion related trainings & workshops
- Demonstrated experience guiding equity and inclusion related processes successfully with numerous professional organizations
- Demonstrated capacity to formulate relevant, experiential diversity and inclusion curriculum
- Self assured, fully engaged, with a strong sense of integrity, ownership, responsibility and follow-through on all aspects of personal and professional engagement
- Embodiment of equity and inclusion values
- Ability to drive critical, learner-led dialogue
- Strong team player who is supportive and communicative
- Personify a learning orientation and willingness to participate in ongoing professional and personal development in the field
- Strong strategic communication skills, including but not limited to verbal, cross-cultural, and writing.
- Highly organized and able to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Able to meet deadlines and tight turnarounds on assignments and tasks.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Administrative skills including but not limited to proficiency in Google Workspace Suite, Zoom, Asana, Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Please submit a one page cover letter and your resume .
At Inclusion Design Group, each of us contributes to inclusion—we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our inclusive culture inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈