Digital Editor, Paleo Magazine & Vegetarian Times
Pocket Outdoor Media
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
The digital content editor should have a hybrid skill set that combines writing and editing across a variety of platforms, content strategy, and data analysis. The editor should have a passion for analytics and SEO and have strong judgement. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. It is critical that this person have the ability to think through editorial campaigns from digital and social to print to online education and membership platforms.
Professional demeanor is a must for all positions at Pocket Outdoor Media. In addition to courteous, friendly, businesslike behavior, the following qualifications are fundamental to this position:
- Post, edit and produce existing and original content to and engage with the audience on website and social media platforms.
- Write, build and send editorial and dedicated emails for each brand
- Conceive, develop, assign, write and edit articles for print and online
- Oversee product testing and review initiatives
- Top edit freelancers and junior editors
- Execute, and optimize digital marketing programs including email development, landing pages, new promotional efforts to support brand initiatives.
- Monitors updates sites and CMS
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to enhance current revenue streams and develop new ones.
- BS/BA in Journalism, Communications, English or other relevant degree
- 3+ years' experience in digital environment and/or editorial department
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus a passion for service journalism
- Knowledge of analytics tools and the ability to mine them for insights
- Able to think through editorial campaigns from digital and social to print, and even into online education and membership programs.
- Strong understanding of native content, email marketing and lead generation
- Experience in food/recipe writing and editing, including commissioning and editing food and recipe content
- Additional training or education in nutrition is a significant asset. I.e. detailed knowledge of various diet styles (vegetarian, paleo, keto etc)
- The ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs
- The ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission
- Strong display writing and story packaging skills
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
- Work Hours: 40+ hours a week
- Travel %: 5%
- Work in an Office or remotely from home
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈