Digital Content Editor, Humanities
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Digital Content Editor, Humanities.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Digital Content Editor, Humanities, reports to the Publishing Manager, Humanities. The position will play a critical role in the development and execution of Wit & Wisdom and other Humanities digital projects. The Digital Content Editor will contribute to the Great Minds Humanities curriculum strategy, including, conceptualizing features and functionality for curriculum content, conducting market and academic research, advising on best practices in professional development presentations, and managing public-facing communications; developing and maintaining templates and style guidelines management of digital team processes and communications; coordination of meetings and schedules; and support of cross-team communications.
Reports To: Publishing Manager, Humanities
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- manage strategy and development for all Humanities digital products and programs
- lead conceptualization, piloting, and evaluation of digital instructional content
- collaborate with Great Minds stakeholders to develop year-round and multi-year digital plans and protocols
- contribute to the development of enterprise-wide strategic solutions-based digital strategy
- drive strategy for digital accessibility requirements in all student and teacher-facing curriculum content
- contribute to the development and management of design processes and communications
- collaborate within and across teams both in Humanities and enterprise-wide to develop, launch, and implement digital curriculum and curriculum-support resources
- contribute to the vision of Great Minds' content development strategic plan by researching, creating, and editing digital resources
- ensure that Great Minds’ partners (both internal and external) understand the philosophy and best practices at the foundation of Great Minds’ curricula and support
- cultivate and maintain a strong and supportive Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, curiosity, and quality.
- Ensure a best-in-class digital user experience
- Develop and manage resources that clarify and enhance the user experience with Wit & Wisdom resources
- Identify and address partner needs directly or through consultation with other Great Minds teams
- Structure and execute digital user testing plans
- Observe on-site to gather data for long-term product planning
- Partner with Product Manager, Humanities on digital market research, data analysis, and business analysis, including product configuration recommendations, delivery, communication
- Coordinate with project managers on digital development logistics
- Establish checklists and protocols for digital publishing process
- Serve as the liaison with the content team and communicate logistics to all digital development stakeholders
- Develop, refine, and maintain processes, tools, and strategies for the creation, and execution of all Humanities digital projects
- Serve as liaison with the project and product managers and coordinate the digital workflow.
- Represent the Editorial team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency
- Problem solve to create high-quality products by established deadlines.
- Support team communications, resources, schedules, and work plans with a pro-active, problem-solving approach
- Experience in digital curriculum development
- Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an associated content area
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years teaching experience
- Knowledge of the Common Core State Standards desired
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Academic and growth mindset
- Proactive Problem solving
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
- Commitment to high standards
If selected for an interview a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈