Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Category: All others
Kalepa is looking for Data Scientists to lead efforts at the intersection of machine learning and big data engineering in order to solve some of the biggest problems in commercial insurance.
Data scientists at Kalepa will be turning vast amounts of structured and unstructured data from many sources (web data, geolocation, satellite imaging, etc.) into novel insights about behavior and risk. You will be working closely with a small team in designing, building, and deploying machine learning models to tackle our customers’ questions.
Kalepa is a New York based, VC backed, startup building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Nearly one trillion ($1T) dollars are spent globally each year on commercial insurance across small, medium, and large enterprises. However, the process for estimating the risk associated with a given business across various perils (e.g. fire, injury, malpractice) is still reliant on inefficient and inaccurate manual forms or outdated and sparse databases. This information asymmetry leads to a broken set of economic incentives and a poor experience for both businesses and insurers alike. By combining cutting edge data science, enterprise software, and insurance expertise, Kalepa is delivering precision underwriting at scale – empowering every commercial insurance underwriter to be as effective and efficient as possible. Kalepa is turning real-world data into a complete understanding of risk.
Kalepa is led by a strong team with experiences from Facebook, APT (acquired by Mastercard for $600M in 2015), the Israel Defense Forces, MIT, Berkeley, and UPenn.
● You want to design a flexible analytics, data science, and AI framework to transform the insurance industry
● You have demonstrated success in delivering analytical projects, including structuring and conducting analyses to generate business insights and recommendations
● You have in-depth understanding of applied machine learning algorithms and statistics
● You are experienced in Python and its major data science libraries, and have deployed models and algorithms in production
● You have a good understanding of SQL and non-SQL databases
● You value open, frank, and respectful communication
● You are a proactive and collaborative problem solver with a “can do” attitude
● You have a sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
As a plus:
You have experience in NLP and/or computer vision
You have familiarity with Spark, Hadoop, or Scala
You have experience working with AWS tools
What you’ll get
● Work with an ambitious, smart, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry
● Ground floor opportunity – opportunity to build the foundations for the product, team, and culture alongside the founding team
● Wide-ranging intellectual challenges working with large and diverse data sets, as well as with a modern technology stack
● Competitive compensation package with a significant equity component
● Full benefits package, including excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
● Unlimited vacation and flexible remote work policies
● Continuing education credits and a healthy living / gym monthly stipend
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!