Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
Marqeta is looking for experienced, customer-facing project managers to work with our customers, payment networks, banks, vendors, and multiple cross-functional teams to ensure our customers’ programs are delivered successfully.
You will work with some of the world’s most innovative companies to get Marqeta’s modern card issuing tools and infrastructure in place. And then you’ll keep managing those customers to ensure everything is working perfectly. You will build relationships with our customers and will spend time with them learning how our tools are integrated into what they do to delight their customers. You will also develop deep relationships within Marqeta to ensure we’re doing all we can to get our customers where they need to be quickly, predictably, and reliably. You’ll resolve customer challenges and you’ll work through escalations. You will watch for potential risks like a hawk, and have mitigation plans in place to handle unexpected events as we race to the finish line. You’ll communicate often and openly. You’ll be comfortable in a technical environment - our products are pretty technical, so you should be too.
Our customers are global and so are we. You’ll have the chance to work with customers in a variety of markets as we continue to expand what we do, where we do it, and who we work with.
If you’re highly organized, a great communicator, self-motivated, smart, and fun, and you enjoy challenges and love to solve problems, let us know! We’re innovative and creative, and so are our customers.
If that's you, read on!
This role is about working with both our customers, and multiple cross functional teams, to ensure our customers’ programs are successfully delivered. Here's some key expectations:
- Customer Focus: You have an incredible passion around making sure to always exceed our customer's expectations. You push yourself, and the entire project team, to ensure our customers are successful, and have high regards for Marqeta's service.
- Problem Solver: You enjoy problem solving, and always thinking outside of the box to find creative solutions to challenges. When things get tough, that's when you excel and rise to meet any obstacle, and getting things done! You will use your experience to know when problems might surface, and stay ahead of it with a plan, so programs are delivered as expected.
- Know the Tech and Non-Tech: You understand have a strong background in API applications and are comfortable working in a technical environment, where you are the bridge between technical teams and technical/non-technical teams.You will come up to speed on Marqeta's capabilities, non-technical processes, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers, and are able to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about many topics.
- Project Management Master: You will use your project management skills to keep track of all the moving parts to ensure we deliver what we promise, when we promise it.
- Transparency and Communication: You are focused on communication of projects whether it's progress or roadblocks, so all teams are tightly connected and know what’s already happened and what’s happening next. You will be generous with your time and energy, to your customers and your team.
In addition to proven ability to manage cross functional projects, we’re on the hunt for the following attributes:
- 7+ years experience in customer-facing project delivery/management roles
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong background in API applications and technical environments.
- Strong interest in, or understanding of, the payments ecosystem, with a particular focus on the card issuing side.
- Great organizational skills. Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver multiple, complex projects on time.
- Highly self-motivated and feels at home working aggressive schedules
- Able to build strong working relationships across multiple teams.
- At home and at ease with technology, product, legal, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- A person of strong character and integrity, who contributes to Marqeta’s unique culture.
- Option to work remotely.
- Excellent commission plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pension contribution
- Meaningful Equity
- Flexible working environment
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.