Chief of Talent & Culture
5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA
First appeared on Foss Jobs
Category: All others
Location: USA - The Wikimedia Foundation head office is in San Francisco, CA, but this leader could be based anywhere in the USA, with frequent travel to SF
Reports to: Executive Director (Katherine Maher)
Overview: The Chief of Talent & Culture (T&C) is responsible for leading all aspects of the Human Resources (Talent & Culture) function, including but not limited to talent management and all aspects of culture, diversity, inclusion & equity, and organizational development to meet all global people and organizational needs of the Wikimedia Foundation, both internally and externally.
The Wikimedia Foundation currently has over 300 employees, more than half of whom are based remotely and over a quarter outside the United States. The organization grew by 20% in 2018 and this growth phase will continue, so the Chief of Talent & Culture will be not only be an innovative cultural leader, excited by global growth, but also a strong HR leader who can continue to build a talent organization that will support that sustained growth now and into the future
- Be responsible for leading organization-wide strategic talent & culture planning and operational implementation.
- Oversee organization-wide HR operations with support of the VP of HR Operations, including clear and transparent processes to support Foundation staff during a time of growth.
- Create and implement a vision for inclusive communications, staff engagement, and recognition in an increasingly decentralized and virtual organization.
- Build and cultivate a global pipeline of the best talent available, ensuring global operational best practice and positioning the Foundation as an employer of choice through awareness of practices and trends within the global nonprofit, technology and advocacy fields.
- Play a lead role in structuring and supporting a global workforce, partnering with Legal and others as necessary, in order to ensure the global workforce and culture is responsive to the Foundation’s needs, strategy, risk management approach and budget.
- Create and implement a comprehensive long-term vision for learning & development and ensure staff are engaged, productive and prepared for future growth.
- Guide staff through organizational changes, as well as advise the Executive Director on critical organizational strategy and change management issues in a mission-focused international nonprofit.
Success in this role will be measured on both a long-term and short-term basis, and will include metrics in a variety of areas including, but not limited to: effective leadership of a sustainable best-practice HR team, strategy and practice; maintaining stable retention levels; building a strong talent development pipeline; increasing staff and manager accountability for performance; setting accountability and strategy around diversity-inclusion; and maintaining a high level of staff engagement.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!