Behavioral Health Case Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: All others
Mindoula is a leading population health management company that scales the human connection through technology to address mind, body, and life challenges. Mindoula identifies, engages, and serves populations that might otherwise be overlooked or left behind, and delivers tech-enabled, team-based, 24/7 support across the continuum of care. Mindoula's adaptive data science approach, multi-platform technology stack, virtual Collaborative Care Program, and virtual + in-person care extension solutions enable its enterprise partners to achieve improved outcomes and significantly reduce costs by integrating behavioral, medical, and social determinants of health.
We are seeking an Intake Case Manager to work with us remotely and based in Washinton state. Mindoula's teams of Case and Care Managers are supported by technology including a mobile engagement app, proprietary psychometrics, and predictive analytics. Mindoula expects to expand rapidly across multiple business lines in multiple states and is seeking an experienced Intake Behavioral Health Care Manager.
How you'll contribute:
- Encourage patients to express feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, assisting them in developing insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Assess patients for risk, make quick evaluations for risk, develop safety plans and respond within the parameters outlined within their safety plan, formulating and performing crisis intervention to ensure the safety of patients as necessary.
- Counsel patients about mental or physical illness, abuse, medication, and available community and social resources.
- Complete structured intakes including supportive documentation (e.g., “Intake Assessment”) with patients within the schedule provided, including collecting relevant information for Psychiatric Consultants to use in order to recommend diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Complete supportive documentation (e.g., Intake Assessments) within 24 hours of scheduled intake
- Present completed intakes to the Psychiatric Consultants during case presentations.
- Reflect all billable activity in case notes on MMR entered within 24 hours after billable activity.
- Use clear and accurate verbal and written communication skills to facilitate communication with patients, patients' family/caregivers, staff, and treatment team
- Produce high-quality documentation that enables the patients to receive the best treatment possible.
- Competently relate to patients, their families, and agencies involved with patients through above-average interpersonal skills.
- Other tasks as they arise including direct patient interaction.
What will make you successful:
- A Master's degree in psychology, social work, nursing, or other applicable behavioral health disciplines from an accredited college or university is required.
- Experience in clinical settings, behavioral health field, and/or healthcare environment.
- Comfort with psychiatric medications, DSM-IV diagnostic criteria, and ICD10 codes
- Work experience with an EHR and ability to work with multiple EHRs simultaneously.
- Experience with health information management/data.
- Knowledge of medical and health terminology.
- Relentless about prioritizing and following through on assigned tasks independently.
- Superior time management and organization to complete daily tasks by the end of each day
- Compliance: Ensures care is delivered according to applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures, supporting the organization's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperate fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings. Ensuring health information management requirements are met.
- Relationship Management: Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
- Problem Solving: Identifies needs and takes independent action to implement change when and where it is needed; results-oriented. Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments. Use effective follow-through.
Since its founding in 2013, Mindoula has rapidly grown its partnerships with health plans, health systems, primary care practices, and hospitals. Headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, Mindoula currently operates in Maryland, Virginia, the District of Columbia, Nevada, Louisiana, New Jersey, Michigan, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, and California with national expansion plans to meet the growing need for integrated whole-person care.
Come be part of the solution
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈