Associate Agile Coach
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: All others
Associate Agile Coach
Location: Remote (UK wide)
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 pa
The start of your DevOpsGroup Journey…
We’re an award-winning consultancy with an awesome team of individuals - working together to help clients on their digital transformation journey.
If teamwork inspires you and you're driven to make a real difference to both people and organisations, we’re always on the lookout for brilliant new team members - Can you add your very own chapter to the DevOpsGroup story?
What You’ll do…
Working closely with our customers, we have been building out our training courses and workshops on Agile methodologies. As well as delivering training to our clients, you will be contributing to our training literature and developing our courses.
We are looking for someone who loves sharing their knowledge, helping others reach their maximum potential and have a passion for all thing Agile. You will relish keeping up to date with the latest relevant technologies and practises while helping others grow and develop their careers.
Working closely with our clients as part advisor, part coach and part trainer you will help our customers accelerate their adoption and build a solid understanding of modern approaches to infrastructure and software delivery.
You will break down complex content into easy-to-understand terms through interactive lessons, live-lab challenges, real-world hands-on scenario driven labs, assessments, study guides and flashcards that will not only help teams understanding of the specific subject but come away energised and excited to take the learning and apply it in their organisations.
Through training workshops, you will take c on a journey helping them to explore technical issues, most of our programmes go on to provide coaching and working closely with candidates to provide ongoing technical guidance.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Facilitating training via individuals and team sessions for courses and longer running bootcamps. You will deliver training and run workshops both on site and on Zoom with our clients.
- Build out Agile learning material that do not just educate but give practical professional skills.
- Working closely with customers and the wider Academy team to build technical training programs (courses and bootcamps) while taking on board feedback and evolving as needed.
- Create and evolve content to ensure it remains technically valid and in-line with our brand. This involves working closely with our internal studio team and using training techniques from Training from the back of the Room (TBR).
- Provide technical reviews and feedback on Academy courses and offerings developed by your team mates, providing candid feedback and ways in which the content can be improved.
- Identify opportunities for future courses and material that may benefit our customers and that you think are up-and-coming technology.
- A passion for mentoring, training, and coaching candidates to help them reach their maximum potential.
- Enjoy, exploring and tinkering with the latest cloud tools, technologies, and products.
- Taking an active interest in attending meetups, events and engaging with the wider community.
Here’s how your first month will look…
- Our People Team have provided you with everything you need to know during your induction and you'll have met your new squad
- You'll have read at least three of the books provided in your New Starter pack
- You’ll dive straight into your squad ceremonies and will have run a few
- You'll have joined our Community of Practice for consultants and Agile Coaches
- You will be paired with another consultant or coach on client site and have facilitated some sessions with our range of clients
- You'll be taking advantage of the fantastic benefits package and enjoying health rewards
- You are enjoying the benefits of our remote-first environment and have everything you need for this
- Any queries or concerns? These have been addressed and you’re more than ready for your DevOpsGroup future
By month three…
- You are feeling empowered to instigate change
- By now, you are not afraid to challenge others and you expect others to challenge you
- You are starting to identify root causes and levers to bring about change with our customers
- Your way might not always be the right way, but you are comfortable with that
- You are familiar with every member of the growing DOG family and have met us all at a DOGConf
- Perhaps you’ve got a thing or two wrong along the way, but that’s okay, failure IS an option at DevOpsGroup and is something we are always learning from
- Feedback is important to us and this is something you are comfortable delivering and receiving
- An area of interest is now clear thanks to your personal development roadmap
- You're planning training and development courses to take with your training budget - maybe a conference?
- You have DevOpsGroup swag – and LOTS of it!
A full year with DevOpsGroup…
- You are helping to develop DevOpsGroup as a company and play a role in shaping the company’s legacy
- You've undertaken some impressive change work and really made a difference to our customers
- Perhaps you’ve had an opportunity to train others within our Academy
- You've created some awesome products for us to deliver with our customers
- You may have coached our internal product teams
- Whether it’s stage or screen, the platform is yours and you may be reflecting back on some epic uses of it
- You’ve attended agile conferences to continue your learning and build your circle
- Experience working in a team that has practiced Agile software development
- A deep understanding of the values and principles of Agile software development
- The ability to explain – in simple terms – a wide range of Agile software development methods and practices, such as TDD, pair programming, Scrum, Kanban, BDD, etc
- The ability to explain the benefits of Agile software development to people in a variety of organisational roles (e.g. developers, managers, executives)
- Competitive base salary
- Annual training allowance for personal development
- Choice of Mac or Windows laptop upon joining
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off (+ bank holidays)
- 8% pension (5% from you, 4% from us)
- Flexible and remote working options
- Life Assurance (x4 salary)
- Health Insurance through Vitality plus a load of other perks
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈