Remote information security Jobs in February 2020
4 Remote information security Jobs in February 2020Post a job
As a Senior Security Engineer on the SRE Team at Skillshare, you’ll play a key role in helping us continuously improve our security programs to ensure the best experience for our users through the safety of our technology and data.
This role spans strategic work of putting in place forward-looking initiatives as well as responding to external threats on an ongoing basis, which means the opportunity for impact across the board. We’re scaling quickly and are excited to bring someone onboard who can help us proactively tackle challenges – both in the day-to-day operations and anticipated future ones.
You’ll collaborate with the other members of the SRE team as well as the product development teams to plan and implement various security initiatives. We’ll look to your strategic expertise, reliable execution, and sound judgment to improve and maintain our security infrastructure, along with creating and improving processes for maintaining a secure product and environment.
You’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about technology, and helping pave the way for building products together that we’re proud of. We’re excited to meet you.
What you'll do:
- Improve, monitor and maintain our information security.
- Execute security initiatives related to infrastructure, product, and data.
- Make strategic recommendations and improvements to our security.
- Work with application developers to improve the security of various product features.
- Proactively prep and train developers and raise the security awareness of everyone in the organization.
- Quickly and proactively respond to incoming security threats.
- Continually assess, address and report on the levels of threat and preparedness.
Why we're excited about you:
- 7+ years of experience building, supporting and securing cloud-based web infrastructure with AWS.
- Knowledge of best security practices for building web applications.
- Experience with security monitoring tools.
- Experience in compliance with industry standards such as PCI, OWASP, NIST, GDPR etc.
- Experience with Single Sign-on (SSO) for internal systems.
- Understanding of and ability to deal with and prevent typical security threats and risks.
- Deep understanding of web application infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of software engineering.
- Strong communication skills – you’re a natural collaborator and can report out to stakeholders of all levels.
- Tech stack knowledge: Docker (Kubernetes experience is a plus), Linux, DataDog, AWS security products, MySQL.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: you’ll play a key role in shaping the direction of a comprehensive security approach long-term.
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, and we trust you to do what you need to do.
We have proudly been recognized by INC Magazine with the Best Workplaces award two years in a row! Read more about this achievement and what makes us special here: https://www.invoca.com/press/invoca-recognized-as-an-inc-magazine-best-workplace-for-the-second-consecutive-year/
Commitment to our customers, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a positive environment are more than words written on a wall at Invoca, it’s our way of life. We take pride in an inclusive and egoless culture that helps us drive innovation and build value for both our customers and our people. And of course, there’s the competitive pay, great perks, and getting to work on an industry-leading product. If this sounds unlike most tech jobs you’ve had, you’re right. Come join us. We’re building something special.Job Description
Invoca offers an unusually valuable engineering experience. You will be part of a team of world-class Engineers scaling our Information Security program with our rapidly growing company and SaaS application. Innovating new and creative ways to secure our platform and people. Our remote-first team is committed to upholding high standards via modern methodologies of agile software development, test-driven development, and DevOps.What you will do:
What we are looking for:
- Work with SRE team to deploy and maintain security tools for the organization
- Execute web application and network penetration testing
- Oversee vulnerability assessment platform
- Innovate and assist in improving our Information Security framework
- Assist with security awareness training (phishing tests, annual awareness, etc)
What is the team like?
- A minimum of three years of experience in an Information Security team
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Extensive experience within a production environment performing penetration tests on both systems and web applications
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and the challenges/benefits associated with containerization.
- Hands-on experience with Configuration Management (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet) and/or Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation).
- A desire to create and write elegant, scalable, and maintainable tools and solutions.
You’ll join a team where everyone, including you, is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of software development tools, practices, and processes. We are an incredibly supportive team. We swarm when problems arise and give great feedback to help each other grow. Working on our close-knit, cross-functional teams is a great chance to grow your knowledge of different domains from databases to front ends to telephony and everything in between.
We are passionate about many things: continuous improvement, working at a brisk but sustainable pace, writing resilient code, maintaining production reliability, paying down technical debt, hiring fantastic teammates; and we love to share these passions with each other.Diversity and inclusion statement
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and make Aptible the best security management platform for startups.This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. You'll be responsible for designing and developing tools that help our clients improve their security posture.About AptibleOur VisionWe see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.Your Impact
- You'll design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve Aptible Comply.
- You'll autonomously manage and own individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables within an application or service.
- You’ll scope and implement project-level solutions with minimal guidance.
- You’ll collaborate and pair frequently with teammates and peers.
- You'll inform the product roadmap and implementation decisions based on feasibility.
- You'll ensure that our product is maintainable, meaning that other engineers are able to contribute new functionality easily, and without frequent technical debt.
- You'll partner with Product and Design to effectively plan new features, avoiding bottlenecks and maximizing velocity when it comes time to implement.
- Ability to Design to Constraints: You can produce a design to achieve a goal (e.g. “the user needs to see this particular piece of information here”). Your designs should be performant, maintainable, for years, not months, and evolvable.
- Desire to Improve: You seek to understand why things are the way they are, and think about ways to make them better.
- Product Sense: You seek to understand the features you're working on, and actively propose positive changes.
- Desire to Learn Our Tools: You seek and have the ability to learn the tools we use today, and the new tools we might use tomorrow. Knowledge of what we use today is a plus. 1) Concepts: Type Systems, Web Development 2) Tools: Rails, Postgres, React, Redux, Typescript.
- Team Player: You provide clear, useful documentation to other engineers and enjoy mentoring team members.
- User Focused: You have experience building and scaling web applications with real users.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionWe prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US or Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.Our Products
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
The Cloud Services team is an organization focused on delivering Hashicorp’s software as a Cloud service. This effort will enable a distribution model wherein customers can use a fully managed service with an API contract.
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.In this role, you can expect to:
You may be a good fit if:
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for delivering Cloud Services’ applications
- Own and ensure that internal and external SLA’s meet and exceed expectations, System centric KPIs are continuously monitored and improved
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- Program mostly in Golang, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems; while we strive to hire at a variety of experience levels, this particular opening is not well-suited for recent graduates
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- Comfortable with Go or another low-level programming language
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.