Remote heroku Jobs in February 2020
5 Remote heroku Jobs in February 2020Post a job
Build intelligent tools that help communities adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and all communities should have access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex — it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale. Our software is built to be easy-to-use, so that the planners and floodplain managers preparing for our future can focus on the important stuff.
Currently, we're working with a handful of communities, including the City of New Orleans and Pinellas County, FL. Our engineering team is hard at work on projects that involve extracting information from permits, managing complex datasets, and incorporating geospatial data. Our mission is ambitious, and we have a significant amount of work ahead. As our newest team member, you'll be joining us at a crucial time when you'll have a real impact on our direction and our partner municipalities' success.
About the position:
We're looking for a senior full-stack engineer with 5+ years of experience to join us. We would love to hear from you if you're interested in what we do and have a proven track record of leading mid- to large-scale technical initiatives. In general, you might be a good fit if you:
Have partial, or full, familiarity with our technical stack: Node, GraphQL, React, Postgres + PostGIS, Heroku. If not, we would like you to be confident in your ability to ramp up quickly.
Are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. Since we are constantly learning a lot from our partners, we are looking for someone who has a bias toward action and can balance the challenging trade-off between quality and speed.
Consider yourself to be a great communicator. We're a small team working remotely, which requires us to be prompt and clear with written and spoken communication.
Our team has a lot to offer.
Forerunner is a seed-stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
We're mission driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds — our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world challenges they face.
We're a small team. We're currently 4 people — you will be the 5th. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
We're remote. While many of us are based in NYC, we're happy to have you work where you are happiest and most productive. We offer schedule flexibility and ask for accountability in return.
We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage (we pay 70%), and commuter benefits. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what health means to you.
We look forward to meeting you. To apply or ask questions, shoot us a message at [email protected]!
Syncro is a small team crafting applications helping small businesses be more successful. Our software does job tracking, marketing, invoicing, integrates tons of online tools — and is awesome. We are open to taking risks with technology, we use ember/react/kubernetes/elixr, and are generally open to exciting fun new stuff!
We’re building a company that has fun inventing. We go fast, and our customers love us. Thousands of repair shops and IT Professionals all over the world rely on our platform for their entire business operations. We are different – we really do care, the founders are writing this ad and looking at the resumes – not a recruiter or HR department.
We are using heroku with 50+ dynos, our platform consists of a number of rails apps and integrations to other platforms. We’re building a huge inventory system to rival any out there, we’ve built a “remote machine management” platform with an open API, we’re doing it all…
If this sounds like the kind of team you want to be part of, we want to hear from you. Do you play around with new stuff for fun? Do you hear about a problem and just obsessed building a web app to solve it? If this sounds like your kind of play – we might be a great fit. 🙂
– Salaried position designed to grow with the company (seriously, try us).
– We want this to be your dream job – but we need your help (tell us how).
– We will advance your career like nobody else — stay with us for the long haul and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing.
– Results-oriented: Keep having fun and shipping code and you can design your day.
– We are currently a dispersed team working from home.
– We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage and 401(k).
What You'll Be Doing:
– Create and manage infrastructure in our multiple cloud providers systems like Heroku, Kubernetes on Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc. (we use all of them)
– Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices.
– Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
– Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
– Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
– Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
– Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
– Work with CI tools, and source control such as GIT
– If you also enjoy product development you can probably help out on the feature work too!
What We're Looking For:
-A few years of running operations for web applications
-A few years of Ruby on Rails a major plus
-No specific education necessary. (really)
-Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic.
-You care — which means sometimes putting yourself out there for a customer experiencing pain.
-Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
-You’re kind and wily (in a good way).
How to Get Hired by Us:
Write to us about a recent time or two that you caused a production outage, what the root cause was, and what you learned from it.
For example; Troy our Founder shipped a typo in a class name in the early days and those are annoying because they might be easily missed in Development environment but then production blows up. This led to a more robust CI+Staging step than we had prior.
Just demonstrate that you are an individual, you have a personality, you enjoy life, and you enjoy good work. And please include a resume. 🙂
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.
Pay: DOE. Let’s Talk.
Alpha (alphahq.com) is a venture-backed and growth-stage company based in New York, NY whose on-demand insights platform empowers clients to rapidly validate growth opportunities. Our clients use Alpha to accelerate experimentation, inform business decisions with customer wants and needs, deliver and scale agile research capabilities, and develop better products faster. By integrating traditionally manual tasks like audience sourcing, concept designing, test scripting, and data reporting, the platform accelerates time-to-insight from months to hours.
In short, we’re the fastest way for organizations to learn more about their future customers.
We’re looking for engineers who are curious about product development and consumer behavior, want to work on related challenges, and value opportunities to explore new technologies that execute against a robust, collaborative product vision. We use Ruby, NodeJS, VueJS, Postgres, Mongo, Redis and many other technologies, but we don't think it matters if you've used similar technologies on a different stack. Our engineering teams tackle a diverse and evolving array of challenges; from architecting and scaling our microservices to handling real- time video and using machine learning and natural language processing to empower real world business solutions. This position is fully remote, though there may be occasional travel to our NYC (SoHo) office.
Joining a quickly growing, diverse team of engineers in building solutions to some of the most common challenges facing businesses today.
Building purposeful end-to-end solutions that put yourself in the shoes of our users.
Working with a wide range of platforms and technologies to own and solve problems.
Collaborating with experts across our organization to design platform features with an eye toward usability and simplicity.
Continuously integrating feedback from users into new products and features.
Providing feedback to the team in an effort to discover and shape best practices.
2+ years of experience working in fast-paced environment.
Significant experience building MVC and/or state-driven UIs, preferably with Vue.js or React, and have a productive relationship with CSS
Professional experience with some database technology such as SQL or Mongo.
Desire to make a huge impact at a growing startup in NYC serving some of the largest and most influential brands in the world.
You can work well both independently and with a team, and have strong communication skills.
You enjoy venturing outside your comfort zone and experimenting with new technologies.
Nice if you have experience in: Python (Flask, SpaCy), SVG and Canvas, WebRTC , Web Sockets, Heroku, AWS (S3, Elastic Transcoder, Others), Electron
Robust health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
Open vacation policy & flexible work schedule
Competitive salary and equity
Weekly team lunches and a diverse, friendly culture
Open Dog Policy at the office
Autonomy and room to grow as a professional
D2iQ is seeking a full-time or part-time contract software engineer to be responsible for updating, improving, and maintaining our customer documentation website, technologies and tools.
- Experience owning a project from gathering requirements and proposing a design to testing the implementation.
- Extensive experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git), must be able to debug.
- Experience writing CSS for websites.
- Experience with Jekyll or another static site generator.
- Excellent scripting skills with Bash/sh, Ruby, Perl, or Python.
- Prior experience working with Mac OS, Linux and/or UNIX environments. Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces.
- Extensive experience in Markdown.
- Experience creating workflows for content development and management
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins, Team City) and Build
- Experience with containerization
- Knowledge of these a plus:
- Automation. (Ant, Maven, Gradle, SBT) , especially building customized CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience developing functional and performance test frameworks on continuous integration tools, such as writing plugins.
- Familiar with content management approaches and concepts.
- Familiar with docs-as-code model.
- Experience administering a Content Management System.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
D2iQ is looking for a contractor/consultant to:
About D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
- Act as a PO/PM and:
- Assess the needs of the documentation site.
- Choose a tech stack.
- Design and code the components to enable the user experience needed to handle and navigate 3+ versioned products, and their services catalogs (which are also versioned), and expand this to new products
- Advise on git workflows for documentation development.
- Code the system to work with markdown files for our engineers and pull files from multiple repos, write tests the site, write the docker scripts to containerize it and deploy to jenkins or similar CI/CD pipeline and get it deployed to either a paid service like Netlify or Heroku, or to the company production cluster, in order to ensure a set min of uptime.
- Write a guide for how docs now get contributed, what those build processes are, and write tests to validate the content coming in so that we don't worry so much about formatting issues or language use or files in the wrong places.
- Work with the existing UX team to update the CSS of the docs website.
- Advise on a replacement static site generator.
- Advise on a WYSIWIG for Markdown.
- Advise on a new search engine for content.
- Help evaluate and choose a reporting tool that works with JIRA and GitHub.
- Implement automation where there are opportunities to use it.
- Advise on tool to automatically update links in new versions.
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, and Beijing.
Almanac’s mission is to democratize access to 21st century skills, insights, and tools so that no one is limited by knowledge in pursuit of their potential.
Through our own experiences, we’ve seen professionals at digital businesses waste too much time trying to find answers they can trust that help them do their jobs better. We believe this problem isn’t rooted in a lack of knowledge or expertise in the world, but in the deficiencies of tools we rely on to access, share, and improve how work gets done.
To make opportunity available to everyone, we’re building a knowledge platform that technology professionals can trust for documenting, distributing, and collaborating on how they work. We replace tools like Confluence and Google Docs to help individuals quickly access knowledge within and across companies that they can trust deeply.
We’ve been moving fast since we founded Almanac in January 2019. Since then, we’ve built and launched the initial version of our product, raised a $2M+ seed round from leading Silicon Valley investors, and grown our full-time team to 10 people.
We’ve seen deep demand from a broad cross section of customers, who are asking for a powerful platform that can help their employees be their best selves at work.
We’re looking for a hungry, talented engineer who wants to make a big impact at this early stage in our roadmap.
As a full stack engineer, you will be responsible for building out the intuitive, interactive experiences that our customers need to organize their own documentation, as well as determining the backend architecture and endpoints that we need to support those features.
Specifically, you will:
Our tech stack
- Write elegant, well-tested code in a modern technology stack
- Participate in standups, code reviews and retrospectives with our remote team
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering and the engineering team to make architecture and design decisions
- Help make sure everything runs smoothly & safely in production
- Set down standards around development, code review and deployment
Things we love
- Rails 5.2, Postgres 10.6, React, Algolia
- Team size: 11-50 people
About youWhat you bring to the role
- Self-documenting JSON APIs, Algolia, BDD, git, continuous delivery, Heroku, vim (ok, maybe just me), Tartine croissants
Skills that make you extraordinary
- You are confident working across the stack, whether its expanding our API or enhancing the frontend.
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-thought out code
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- You’re comfortable writing test suites in a test-driven environment
- You can craft a devastating SQL query to save the day when all else fails
- You are a strong communicator and able to clearly articulate technical problems
- You want to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
About working at Almanac
- Obsession with high-quality work
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to the developing requirements of our users and market
- Love of detailed, continuous feedback that makes the work better
- Desire to always move fast and prioritize speed over scope
- Passion to be an early contributor to our engineering culture and work environment
- Hunger to build a world-changing product
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery